|A former member||
Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Ruby on Rails Senior Developer who has experience with leveraging Rails best practices and is willing to find a path to success by researching and recommending alternatives when faced with challenging situations. Candidate MUST have a minimum of 4 years experience with Ruby, have previous experience leading a team is helpful as well. The ideal candidate will join a small team in the development of a new web product that has an aggressive timeframe.
Essential job Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities considered necessary to perform the essential job functions adequately.
-Commercial website application design and development experience
-Preparing functional and technical specifications in collaboration with the Director of Product Management
-Works closely with all stakeholders to ensure that projects are completed on time/budget
-Strong command of web standards and best practices
-Ability to hit the ground running, be a self-starter who can take the initiative and drive the development process
-Applies OOD and Design Patterns to software design & problem solving
-Worked in a fast paced environment
-Willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
· 5yrs of software development experience
· Expert-level knowledge of JS application framework development (YUI, GWT, Sproutcore), unit testing (YUI Test, JSUnit, Selenium), or HTML5 APIs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven experience developing solutions to complex and unusual technology challenges.
· Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
· Previous experience in a start-up environment
· Ruby on Rails Development experience
· BS in Computer Science or related field