The Houston Web Design and Usability Meetup Message Board › New Meetup: Refresh Houston - November Meetup

New Meetup: Refresh Houston - November Meetup

Erica
EricaOGrady
Boulder, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for Refresh Houston/Graphic Design Meetup!

What: Refresh Houston - November Meetup

When: November 19, 2008 6:30 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meetup Description: There's huge value in making applications and Web sites easy to use. Move obstacles out of people's way (clean up a form, improve the navigation) and you'll see conversion increase, more people registering, more people buying, more stuff in their carts and work completed more efficiently. In standard usability, you give someone a scenario and watch through the mirrored window to see if they CAN do it.

Now the question to ask is, "WILL they do it?" When you're not there to hand them the script for what they should do, what will motivate them, pull them, drive them, entice them? Human Factors International has been developing an area of focus beyond usability they call Persuasion, Emotion and Trust or, PET. A usable site has now become table stakes. To really set itself apart, a company needs to know how to persuade the customer. It's a little bit of marketing backed by science.

Learn more here:
http://graphicdesign....­
Janet
Janet_Buller
Pattison, TX
Post #: 403
I wish I'd known about this earlier! I was close to the location at that time, too.

So tell me what you learned?
Cheryl W.
wiserways
Houston, TX
Post #: 413
For some reason I'm not getting updates, I world have attended since usability is one of my interests.