WebMapSocial Silicon Valley Meetup Group Message Board › WebMapSocial Member Call For Presentations

WebMapSocial Member Call For Presentations

Catherine B.
user 3457959
Los Angeles, CA
Greetings WebMapSocial Members,

I hope you had a nice weekend!

For February's event, we are grateful to say that we have one lovely presentation scheduled thus far.

However, I'm writing to see if any of you new members might also care to share come February 17th. March and April seem to be filling up but February needs your help.

If you have an relevant, professional presentation to deliver to the group for 15 minutes (plus 5 minutes of QandA), please respond to this note ASAP. Also, feel free to forward this onto anyone who might be interested.

Some WebMapSocial group/event PR:

• Typical attendance at one of our events averages around 60 people
  • We produce audio podcasts of each presentation, aggregate it to Directions Magazine website (a sponsor), and email it to all our group members; this exposes presentations to upwards of 20,000 relevant persons
  • WebMapSocial members are developers, entrepreneurs, engineers, business executives, programmers, and other professional types
  • Some of our notable presentations in 2008 were: NASA Ames World Wind project, Mapufacture, Skout, Google Maps API, REI, KQED Quest, Planet 9, Skyhook Wireless, Loopt, Eye-fi, Earthscape, Yahoo Fire Eagle, and OpenStreetMap

Thanks for your membership and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Catherine