WebMapSocial Silicon Valley Meetup Group Message Board › Opportunity to Participate in a Spatial Cognition Study, Berkeley, CA

Opportunity to Participate in a Spatial Cognition Study, Berkeley, CA

Alec D.
user 2923437
Berkeley, CA
Here's an opportunity to participate in a study of how people interact with the built
environment. No special knowledge required and it could be pretty interesting for
the typical WebMapSocial member.

Sorry, I couldn't filter the mailing list for only Berkeley-local people -- chalk that up to the
spatially unaware e-mail we have today.

Thanks,
Alec
(Full Disclosure: Yes, I'm related to Drew -- he's my son.)

Do you live near, work in, or often visit downtown Berkeley? I'm using Google Androids to study how people complete a real world "traveling salesman" problem (remember that from introductory computer science?). Downtown Berkeley is the site for this experiment and I'm currently recruiting participants.

In exchange for about 1.5 hours of your time participating, you'll have your choice of a $15 gift certificate to Trader Joe's or to Peet's Coffee. Plus you'll be helping me earn my Ph.D.

If interested, please e-mail or call Dan, my research assistant, (dan@23ham.com or 814-573-8345 ) with your name, phone number, and the times you're generally available (i.e., weekday mornings, weekend afternoons, etc.). We're scheduling participants through the end of July.

(Note that this particular experiment is limited to people who are already familiar with downtown Berkeley. I have future experiments planned that will be open to other areas. Do feel free to drop me a line if you'd be interested in participating elsewhere in the future.)

Thanks for your time,
Drew Dara-Abrams
drew AT geog.ucsb.edu
University of California, Santa Barbara
Dept. of Geography
Doctoral Candidate