WebMapSocial Silicon Valley Meetup Group Message Board › The Humanities and Technology Unconference, hosted by Automattic

The Humanities and Technology Unconference, hosted by Automattic

Jon V.
jonvoss
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hi all,
I thought this unconference taking place this fall may be of interest to some of you. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Applications are now open for The Humanities and Technology Camp (THATCamp) Bay Area, which will take place October 9-10, 2010. Automattic/WordPress.com is hosting it at the Automattic Lounge on Pier 38 in SF. Since we have a limited number of spots (about 75), we'll be opening a simple application process on August 1. I hope you'll consider applying and spreading the word to your colleagues. The best place to subscribe to reminders and notices is www.twitter.com/thatcampsf­.

Attendees will include innovators from across the spectrum of the intersection of humanities and technology, from academics to entrepreneurs to companies and organizations working in the realm of the commons. There will be folks from libraries, archives, and museums, all of the local universities, and many technology companies. You can read more about it at THATCampBayArea.org/about­.

Also, we have a limited number of small sponsorship opportunities for companies and organizations that are interested in partnering with us and in highlighting their role in the intersection of humanities and technology to this group of catalysts and the greater THATCamp network. You can see more info on our sponsorship levels ($200 and $500) here: http://www.thatcampbayarea.org/sponsors/­.

Thanks!
Jon