There is an opening for an Application Admin at Rice University in Continuing Studies - dealing with the web and backend for a learning management / registration system.
Course Management System Specialist
Plan, implement and maintain course management and registration applications, and, maintain the learning management system to allow for online interaction between instructors, students and administration.
- Train users
- Write, update and maintain user guides
- Input course information
- Ensure customer usability
- Troubleshoot issues
- Assist users as necessary
- Manage application upgrades
- Collaborate with Web and marketing specialists to customize user interface and improve user experience
- Write queries and create reports
- Ensure data quality by monitoring, maintaining and updating information
- Assist in the development data management process and procedures
- Work with program directors and coordinators to ensure their courses are correctly represented online.
- Learn current business procedures to determine the best way to execute those procedures (or improve upon) using the new applications
- Work with GSCS Network Manager (the supervisor of the Application Administrator) on various other projects, as needed.
- Work with Rice IT and Web Services to ensure the maintenance of the applications.
Related experience in Windows Server 2003/2008 administration and database administration.
Some experience with any of the following:
-Structured Query Language (SQL)
-Experience with report-writing tools like Jasper, iReport or Crystal Reports
There is also an opening for a Marketing Specialist in the same office for anyone with marketing, print production, project management experience.