March 15, 2013 · 11:00 AM
Rabbit Hole Hollow
I have enough of one kind of plant to be a practical practice plant for harvesting, cleaning, and preparing for eating, preserving, or making home remedies from. We will be talking about how to do all those things.
The "weed" we will be harvesting is great in salads, on sandwiches, pesto and more. It has many herbal uses too. It is one of the plants Susun Weed writes about in Wise Woman Herbal - Healing Wise.
In this class you will harvest and gain confidence in visual discrimination to remove unwanted plants or inferior plant material from your picking. You will receive general instructions on preparing this food, drying it, and various natural remedy modes such as tincture, poulticing, etc.
You can take home a gallon of this plant to play with
Take home plugs of it to plant in your yard or to grow as a container grown herb
Take home a 13 page glossary herbal terms to assist you in researching the herbal use of plants
- Sack lunch with a salad or sandwich to sample this plant on
- Scissors for harvesting
- a towel to place your harvest on and to sort it on
- a gallon container to take your plant goodies home in
- another container to take dug up plants home to grow in your yard/garden or as a container grown plant
- notebook (I suggest a 3 ring binder or folder to put the glossary in and to put other notes in as you study plants on your own. It is nice to make a book for yourself on the plants as you learn them. Copying material from the internet, or from library books, making drawings, or placing photos, recipes, etc... making your own book.. will help you remind yourself about what you learned. Making your own reference book, you know)
In order to RSVP for this workshop, you need to prepay through Paypal $20. The money will be refunded if the class is cancelled because of bad weather or lack of interest. If you want to RSVP yes but the class is full, get on the waiting list. If you pay, and then need cancel, and someone else takes your place, I will refund the $20. email me if you have any question or concerns.
Meetup will say 5 can attend. One of the 5 is me. So there are 4 slots.