Ted Alspach (Ultimate Werewolf, One Night, Inquisition, Suburbia, etc.) is going to join us to play test his latest creation, a 17 player werewolf-style game:
"In Fangs for the Memories, the entire village is suffering from a bout of Amnesia, and your friend, Mr. E, has again given you letters and role cards. But this time you aren’t quite sure of anyone else’s occupation…or yours, thanks to the water supply being tainted with a substance that has given all of you amnesia.
The letters spell it out for you, and if everyone were to work together, you could all figure out who is who, and probably rid the village of werewolves in the process. But the werewolves probably aren’t going to be as accommodating, even though they’ll have a tough time figuring out who all is on their side to start with, just like the villagers."
"Boys becoming men. Men becoming wolves." - Werewolf Bar Mitzvah, by Tracy Jordan
What's new? (Changes intended to reduce wait times, so let's test and see)
• Cap on attendance is 60. Guests must RSVP separately (we had too many "+1's" not showing and wait listed people who could have come).
• Village size will be flexible. (Min of 12 and Max of 15 people in each room, since we only have 3 rooms).
• All villages will require a kill every day (first day is optional, moderator's call).
• Days should last no more than 10 minutes, including defenses.
• There will be a designated room to play "One Night" while waiting for next village to start.
Moderators (and potential moderators):
• If you want to moderate, please contact me at [masked].
• If you have never moderated before, you should try it some time. It will help you be a stronger player and will help the people who always moderate to be able to play more.
• Newbies and guests always welcome. No experience necessary. We will teach you how to play.
• RSVP to secure your spot and to get update emails.
• For your group discussion pleasure we have 3 rooms, each with a village of 12 - 15 people. We will have many games throughout the night with new villages starting whenever 12 - 15 new people show up or become available as players die off.
• Show up anytime between 7pm and 3am. But show up early to put in a food order by 7:30, and before 10pm to avoid waiting for someone to answer the buzzer.
• Pantheon Systems is on 3rd floor at 717 California St.
• St. Mary's garage at 433 Kearny is close, not too expensive, and open 24-hrs. Montgomery is the closest Muni/BART station.
Rules for Keeping it Fun:
• No insults, condescending remarks, or calling a players choices “stupid”. Find other ways to persuade.
• No telling people how they should have played better at the end of the game unless they are okay with that.
• Be aware if you are regularly interrupting people or dominating the conversation. Make sure everyone has equal time to speak and be heard if they want it, and no one gets ignored. (remind me of this one if I'm playing).
• It’s good to be silly, but try not to be obnoxious or make the game stall.
• Kitchen is designated area for talking when you are not playing. Even a few people talking quietly near a game in progress can be distracting.
Drinks and snacks:
• Bringing snacks and drinks (including alcohol) to share is optional.
• Help to clean up some of the mess before you leave.
If you want to order dinner, use the sign-up sheet at the event by 7:30pm and pay $13. This includes your tax and tip, a sandwich and side of Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Onion Rings, or House Salad from Sutter Pub. To keep it simple, you have 6 options, no custom orders:
1. Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich (Sliced roast beef, green bell peppers, onions and provolone cheese on a French roll.)
2. BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich (Shredded smoked pork marinated with BBQ sauce on a French roll.)
3. Reuben Sandwich (Sliced corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand island sauce on rye.)
4. California Chicken Sandwich* ($15 for this one: Grilled chicken breast topped with avocado slices, bacon, melted provolone cheese, lettuce and mayo on a bun.)
5. Sutter Pub Club (Bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, ham, turkey, Swiss cheese and mayonnaise on sourdough.)
6. Grilled Veggie Sandwich (Grilled eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, roasted pepper and pesto aioli on a French roll)
Order is called in at 7:30pm so try to arrive early if you want to eat ;)