add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Western MA.ASH: Atheist - Secular - Humanist Message Board › worldwide trending now, per Twitter: #prayforboston

worldwide trending now, per Twitter: #prayforboston

user 21456061
Northampton, MA
Post #: 3
What would we start as a hashtag/trend?
Saying to "pray for ~"is so easy for people of faith, although I give props to those who actually take time out and really devote time to trying to express effective prayer... I happen to think it's self-delusional, but action is better than words alone. Saying this "pray for ~" also happens when someone is critically injured/ill, or dies (or someone close to them dies.)
Not taking anything away from the seriousness of the attacks in Boston, but seeing that trend made me wonder... what would you say should be a message spread around the world now that should spread like wildfire and be agreed to, and acted on, by billions of people??
user 29336592
Northampton, MA
Post #: 2
I had the same thought yesterday. I wish we had an alternative, but people say pray for... because it makes them feel better and I don't think now is the time to take that away from them.

Love each other would be more my style, I guess.
Steve S.
user 14590888
Northampton, MA
Post #: 2
You and yours are in my deepest thoughts. But not letting them know my deepest are naughty. Hanging my HED.