Weston A. Price Foundation - London Chapter Message Board › Amalgam filling removal by holistic dentist

Amalgam filling removal by holistic dentist

Olivia
user 36290102
London, GB
Post #: 115
I've been researching this topic and have a list of holistic dentists in the London area to consider (and have contacted some of them) however I can't make up my mind which one to choose as their safety protocols differ and they seem to have varying opinions e.g. one recommends amalgam removal during pregnancy, others don't.

I know several of you have successfully removed their amalgams. It would be helpful to know which dentists you used as I heard of bad experiences from people even though they went to a holistic dentist.
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,498
We are using Munro Hall. They wrote a book on toxic dentistry.
Julie
user 54143282
Ilford, GB
Post #: 8
Hi
I previously used The Ella Clinic in Central London. At the time the main dentist was chap from Northern Ireland, he has emigrated to Australia but the Clinic remains and they use the same protocol. The whole removal was lengthy as my mouth was riddled with mercury and outstanding dentistry work. The dentist muscle tested requirements pre and post amalgam filling removal (that took time to). I'm pleased I've done it and I would go back.
Julie.
Priya
user 57997632
London, GB
Post #: 1
My husband's dentist David Cook at London Holistic Dental Centre in Harley Street removed his 12 amalgam fillings (scary number, I know) and so have several other friends we know. He has an excellent reputation and is very informative and offers a caring service. Whilst he isn't cheap, the dental care is worth especially if you want a dentist who also uses natural products (well, as natural as can be) as part of the procedure. I have also been seeing one of his hygienists, Annette for years and she is excellent.
Olivia
user 36290102
London, GB
Post #: 144
Thanks all for sharing. I've heard of some of these dentists. It's confusing to chose though as their protocols still vary and they have varying opinions about some of the safety provedures from what I've heard.
Claire
user 47390302
London, GB
Post #: 10
What is the best way to know which holistic dentist is good? What questions should I ask? What things are the most important things I need to know to ensure safe removal of amalgams.
Found a dentist that I haven't heard of before (Dr Batavia http://www.rdpholisti...­) but will use him if confident he will do things properly.
Munroe Hall sound amazing but they are too far.
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,631
Check out these articles on WAPF Website about holistic dentistry: http://www.westonapri...­
Claire
user 47390302
London, GB
Post #: 11
Thanks Philip, had a quick look through but couldn't see specific guidelines on safety procedures. I did however find these two pages explaining the Huggins and IAOMT safety guidelines: http://www.livingnetw...­ and http://iaomt.org/safe...­
The above dentist does most of these things but does not check the electrical charge of the amalgams to remove in a specific order. According to the Huggins procedure this is essential. Those of you who've had the procedure did the dentist measure the electrical charge? Also did you have IV vit C? Some sentists offer this, others don't.
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,635
I did not have the vit C, but my partner did. Not sure whether it helped because we did not have a follow up.

Some claim that IAOMT is not good enough, that mercury gets behind the dam. There are more thorough methods, but I do not know too much about them.
A former member
Post #: 14
I had eight amalgam fillings removed in Australia some years ago. My dentist used some, but not all, of the recommended protocols. To ensure that I cleared any remaining mercury from my system I ate cilantro pesto and took chlorophyll every day for six weeks, and used a product called Humet-R, which is a natural detox for heavy metals. I also used homeopathic remedies to support the kidneys and liver.

I recently saw a practitioner who picked up very slight mercury toxicity. Apparently I didn't get it all! But another course of the Humet-R has cleared that.

My two cents worth? Get those amalgams out, no matter how it's done. Don't fret over whether you've chosen the best dentist for the job, as the protocols are changing all the time. Just pick the one that resonates the best with you. And then support the body to remove the toxins.