addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Weston A. Price Foundation - London Chapter Message Board › Raw organic coconut oil in bulk

Raw organic coconut oil in bulk

Gron
Gron
London, GB
Post #: 32
My local shop is only selling small jars of raw organic coconut oil now and they cost about £8 which is about what the larger ones they used to sell cost. It suddenly costs twice as much!

Does anyone here buy the stuff in bulk/ large container? It must be cheaper in the long run.

What do you buy and where do you get it?
Natalie
user 14287070
London, GB
Post #: 9
i buy biona and they now do a larger pot - tho it is in plastic. if you get together with others you can form a co-op to buy wholesale from suma or infinity wholefoods. you need to spend at least £250 between you.
Lorna
user 11805001
London, GB
Post #: 186
Anyone tried costco?
I get Holland and barret, they do free delivery over £25
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 944
I'd be keen to get involved in a co-op of coconut, so long as it is raw, ideally organic. Is suma and infinity plastic also?
Richard
user 15083721
London, GB
Post #: 9
I'd also be very interested in joining a co-op for coconut oil.

I have had a look at Suma's website and they offer Biona Organic, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in 400g glass jars that can be bought in bulk. Prices aren't available for viewing however as you need to contact them to register as a customer first.

I have also just looked at Infinity's catalogue. They offer the same Biona Coconut Oil except it's in 800g glass jars. The cost is £67.00 for 6 jars which is a considerable saving! I think this would be a good place to start if we get enough people interested.
alara
user 13545697
London, GB
Post #: 11
You can buy 4 and 10 litre buckets here : http://www.tiana-coco...­
Nisha
Nisha108
London, GB
Post #: 6
hello, i have a suma account and will be placing an order this week or next - if anyone wants to piggy back on the order, i am in hampstead garden suburb, london nw11 to collect. they are very happy to open an account as long as you can do a big order (£250+ for free delivery in mainland england). i figure with washing powder, nappies, wine etc and a few things for friends , it's not that hard to reach the threashold! i had thought that coconoil was the recommended coconut oil - but it is in plastic and is not listed as organic in the suma catalogue. does anyone know which coconut oil is the best? i spoke to suma today and asked if they stock coconut sugar - they said no, but if they have any more enquiries they will!

is there an on line list of recommended products? i thought i had seen one on wapf but now can't trace it. any guidance gratefully received!

Bill A.
user 11715837
London, GB
Post #: 5
From my research it seems commercially inevitable that once the coconut oil containers have to hold more than 500g they are made of plastic. Coconoil sell a 10kg plastic container of their cold-pressed organic for £105 inc UK delivery, which is almost half the price of their 3x460g tubs which I normally buy and thought was good value - however the 10kg plastic container pictured has a narrow aperture and I've written to them for an explanation of how to get the oil out - I find it only pours during a heatwave!

http://www.coconoil.c...­

Natalie
user 14287070
London, GB
Post #: 11
suma and infinity both sell various raw coconut oils. i buy biona which is raw and organic and i like the taste. i dont know why, but it is also the cheapest. the small and medium sized jars come in glass then the mega one is plastic. tbh, there isnt much in the price difference between the large and medium.

hth.
Gron
Gron
London, GB
Post #: 33
I went for the 10L Coconoil in the end. It felt a bit wierd spending so much on oil but it's going to work out way cheaper in the long run.

I'm not used to the taste yet, I've been using Biona up to now and compared to that the Coconoil has a smokey flavour and is what I can only describe as a bit more crystaly.