addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Weston A. Price Foundation - London Chapter Message Board › Measles scare in Swansea

Measles scare in Swansea

Claire
user 47390302
London, GB
Post #: 48
Yes that's what I thought. I do actually still have antibodies for rubella but I know that does not mean being immune necessarily. I thought that the vaccine would not pass on any immunity to the baby though milk even if I did have antibodies. Only the natural disease would pass on the immunity. That's what worries me is that babies are more at risk because many mothers did not have the disease naturally :-(
A former member
Post #: 358
Yes! Exactly. More children need to aquire these childhood diseases naturally to grow up and have their own babies who would then be covered by mum's antibodies passed through pregnancy and breast feeding -extended preferably. Imagine everyone nursing until 2-4 years old. Those children would be in a better position, immunogically speaking to handle measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc.
Natalie C.
user 46219112
London, GB
Post #: 47
Claire

it will never happen! I know how you feel but have realised that the majority of people will never believe or consider the arguments for anti vaccination. I was told by my baby massage teacher (who has three grown up, unvaccinated, very healthy children) that when people ask if your child has had his/her vaccinations, you simply say, "He/she has had everything he/she needs". Try to avoid confrontation, I have had some fallouts with very close friends because they are worried that if my unvaccinated child plays with their 'immunised' children, we could pass on infections. Ironically, their children have so far had several childhood diseases whereas mine has not had any yet, only fevers but nothing you can name. I am expecting these sooner or later though as most children have to get them at some point.

Breast milk does not safeguard against diseases. I have a good book called, Raising a Vaccine Free Child by Wendy Lydall and it is very useful on how to deal with certain diseases once they have been contracted. It also says which ones are functional in building the immune system and it also warns that some should be avoided at all costs and treated with the utmost respect as they serve no purpose but to cause harm. It's worth having to refer to. Interestingly this book talks a bit about diet and says that refined and processed foods such as sugar and white flour suppress the immune system and which makes a person more susceptible. This dietary information is in line with WAP's.

I would strongly urge you not to do anything that you feel is wrong due to pressure and fear of what others say or do. You do not have to tell people that your child has not been vaccinated, you do not have to offer that information and let people assume he/she has been. I do not raise the subject any more, only with people whom I suspect haven't vaccinated their children because it is a very emotive subject. It is important to have the support of other people with the same beliefs as you. Join your local Arnica group perhaps if you haven't already, you'll soon have a network of parents who support you and make you feel more confident.

It takes time and a lot of reading and research to be able to understand this debate well enough to be confident and sure that you are making the right choice.

Good luck!

Natalie
Claire
user 47390302
London, GB
Post #: 51
Thanks Natalie for the book recommendation. I was wondering, what advice is given about dealing with diseases. Is it only homeopathy? Or does it include other things like nutrition, helpful vitamins, nursing care etc.. Personally I would prefer something that does not just rely on homeopathy.
A former member
Post #: 359
Hi Claire,
I have that book too and I really appreciate the author writing about how to deal with the diseases. While she's big on homeopathy she also talks a lot about vitamin C, especially for TB. She also mentions nutrition, but it's more important for the nasty diseases that don't give you the immunity like the "childhood diseases". But still, good nutrition is deemed important and she discusses how to care for someone with each illness. It's like passing down the wisdom from the ages. Because, people don't know how to care for someone properly with these illnesses anymore.

I've read several other books on vaccination over the past 6 years and found this one to be different enough to be glad to add to my library.
Natalie C.
user 46219112
London, GB
Post #: 48
As Deborah said, the book not only focuses on homeopathy, it talks about how to care for each illness, nutrition etc. I looked up measles recently and there was something about it being potentially harmful to treat with a certain remedy of homeopathy and that only a professional and experienced homeopath should do the prescribing. We all come into contact with many diseases, TB can live in the throat but if you one is not susceptible then, it won't manifest so good health and nutrition is important.

I spied the book quickly online and it is £20 at Amazon but you can find it cheaper at The Book Depository, £14 I think. Definitely worth the money. http://www.bookdeposi...­
Eleanor B.
user 20445061
London, GB
Post #: 144
The many of those without BCG vaccine for TB have latent TB it causes no problem until vitamin A and D gets low. FCLO and sunshine where the original treatments for TB.
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,665
Wow, that is amazing. How do you find out whether you have the TB issue and how can it be resolved? Presumably you need some homeopathy on top of nutrition due to what vaccines do to you.
Stefan C.
user 11345230
London, GB
Post #: 141
Our two babies are not vaccinated, but we review the decision on a regular basis according to circumstance. I think we need to be very careful using terms like "Homeoprophylaxis" however, which in some people;'s minds may be read as Homeopathic vaccination. Our Homeopath, a highly experienced expert, would say there is no such thing as Homeopathic vaccination, and I would agree with him. Treatment and general preventative measures are not the same thing as vaccination.
Alan A.
user 11947259
London, GB
Post #: 77
I live 60 mile further west of Swansea and have a two year old who we opted out of giving MMR. My wife, a scientist, vies towards vaccination so we have to meet in the middle on this. Last week we gave her a single shot measles vaccine privately due to our proximity to the outbreak and three local toddlers being admitted into our local hospital with measles. Due to playgroups etc there's quite a high risk of infection. I can't stand the vitriolic tone of the government authorities and medical establishment that this is all the fault of scaremongering on MMR as if it's entirely safe and we're all just superstitious. And if the NHS gave the option of single vaccines clearly the medico-pharma-government cahoot could have vaccinated against measles so there fault for endorsing a dangerous vaccination cocktail in the first place and stubbornly sticking to it. Interesting reading about maternal antibodies being passed through breast milk. I would have thought most mothers of this generation would have contracted measles naturally.