addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Weston A. Price Foundation - London Chapter Message Board › Thoughts on the measles outbreak

Thoughts on the measles outbreak

Charlotte B.
user 79711222
Lymm, GB
Post #: 11
I'm 21 weeks pregnant and among the many things we're thinking about is whether to vaccinate or not - from what I've read I don't want to, at least when they are so tiny, but my husband is still unsure mainly because he hasn't yet read all the pros and cons. It's on his 'baby to do' list :)

I wanted to see what people's thoughts were on this measles outbreak and the news on the radio that they want to vaccinate 1 million people/children. I wasn't sure whether these 1 million were people who have not been vaccinated against measles or who already have? Does anyone know why it has spread so quickly? And what would be the response to controlling it from those who don't think we should be vaccinating?

I've read 'How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor' by Robert S. Mendelsohn M.D. and last night read through the section on measles. From what I read it seemed like an illness that just goes through stages but doesn't sound too deadly - but my husband mentioned 1 person had died in this recent 'epidemic' so what is it that causes people to get much more ill and potentially die from it? Do people think this is related to our bad state of health and the fact that we don't nourish our bodies, or is it that plus more?

I'm really just a bit clueless about the situation but want to know more and I'm not sure reading the news is going to fill me in much as I'm really unsure about vaccinations. I am especially keen to hear what others think as by the end of the year we will have our first baby and these are decisions we will likely have to make and I want to be as informed as possible.

Many thanks!
Philip R.
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,672
Recommend you find your local Arnica Parents group, who can provide support not only on vaccine decisions but also regarding natural immunity options.­