add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
Salford, GB
Post #: 24
What I found most helpful for my teeth remineralization and sensitivity was homemade fermented vegetables, but made in celery juice brine with probiotics (I used bio kult), as opposed to salted water. With probiotic brine i was culturing those 12bn bacteria from the capsule! The salted water with vegs promotes wild fermentation, which can produce different results every time you make it.
Commercially available fermented vegs are much too acidic to sensitive teeth.
A former member
Post #: 7
Gosh that's really interesting. I will have to try this! What sort of volume of veg would you use with one biokult capsule?

And Clare, it does seem to sound like your body just needs more than what you were putting in. Though if this is also the case for me I'm not sure my stomach can fit anymore! I guess I'll have to be cleverer...
Heather B
user 13354560
London, GB
Post #: 364
Damien may we have your receipe please?
Salford, GB
Post #: 25
I got this idea from somebody on the paleo forum.
basically you prepare the vegetables as you would normally do. SO ...
Mix: 80% of the whole mix would be white cabbage, and the rest would be hard vegetables: carrots, turnip, apple, red paprika or anything you like in that mix, except onion as it spoils everything
And some spices: some ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, some sea vegetables for extra minerals
Mix all vegetables in a large bowl and put it in glass jars. Press the mix in each jar very well and cover with a leaf of cabbage. Make sure to leave 2-3cm empty space from the top
The brine: juice celery sticks to get about 1 liter, add content of 2-4 pro-biotic capsules of your choice, mix it with the juice very well. Then pour it into the jars with the mix to cover all the vegetables
Cover the jars but not tightly, as the fermentation gas will create pressure and leave them in a room temperature for 3-4 days then transfer it to the fridge.
A former member
Post #: 8
I just read this on Kellymom:
Breastfeeding protects against osteoporosis. During lactation a mother may experience decreases of bone mineral. A nursing mom’s bone mineral density may be reduced in the whole body by 1 to 2 percent while she is still nursing. This is gained back, and bone mineral density may actually increase, when the baby is weaned from the breast. This is not dependent on additional calcium supplementation in the mother’s diet.

I wonder if you need to worry about the hole if it's not hurting as it might heal later in it's own good time?

Jan T.
user 76077672
London, GB
Post #: 1
If there is decay, I think you are right to be thinking increase the magnesium transdermally since high calcium intakes can place you in a relative deficiency state. Sesame seeds are one of the highest Ca sources. I would suggest you continue with nuts (soaked) too. You mentioned less than perfect digestion which begs the question how well are you digesting/absorbing. I would also suspect the sugary halva! However, if the hole is in the filling as you suspect, then decay may not be an issue at all! smile
user 47390302
London, GB
Post #: 84
Thanks for your reply's.
I've been checking my tooth daily and just yesterday I discovered that the hole is white. It still is a hole but no longer brown but now white. My only explanation is that it's improving!? Can't really believe it but I'll keep an eye on it.
The main thing I changed was to stop eating halva (it was just organic sesame and honey) and eat slightly more butter oil with my clo. I've tried to have more transdermal magnesium too. I've probably had more raw milk than usual too this last 2 weeks. Wanted to do more stuff but this was the easiest to change quickly in my daily routine.
Perhaps it's the phytic acid in the sesame seeds that was too much for me.
A former member
Post #: 9
Wow, I really hope so! That would be an amazing turnaround. I've been thinking the sourdough I've been eating for breakfast everyday might be undoing some of the work I've been doing because it's from Waitrose so I'm not sure how long they let the bread rest once they've added the extra wheat flour. But also I haven't always bothered to have much butter at the same time as my FCLO - does anyone know if it needs to be consumed at the same time? I eat loads of butter throughout the day.

How often are you taking in magnesium now?
user 47390302
London, GB
Post #: 86
Spoke too soon! The brown/red hole is back this morning. Is it because I started eating the halva again after I thought all was well?! confused