Weston A. Price Foundation - London Chapter Message Board › unsalted raw butter in london

unsalted raw butter in london

alara
user 13545697
London, GB
Post #: 12
Hi,
Does anybody know where I can currently buy raw unsalted butter ideally from Guernsey/jersey cows in london?

Thanks
Stefan C.
user 11345230
London, GB
Post #: 150
Why unsalted?
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,728
Certainly, some butter uses table salt, not the best idea, but some do use sea salt, particularly the French raw butter. The Foundation does explain that sea salt and rock salt is very beneficial, infact necessary, and that modern low salt diets are as harmful as low fat diets. Your body needs salt to produce stomach acids and to power electrical signals in the brain and nervous system. It also activates digestive enzymes.

Salt and our Health - Weston A Price Foundation
www.westonaprice.org/vitamins-and-mine­rals/salt-and-our-health‎
26 Mar 2012 - Exposing Mainstream Myths by Morton Satin, PhD, Vice President, Science and Reseach, The Salt Institute A side from water, salt (sodium ...

The Salt of the Earth - Weston A Price Foundation
www.westonaprice.org/vitamins-and-mine­rals/the-salt-of-the-earth‎
Written by Sally Fallon Morell. Monday, 04 July 2011 15:35. Why Salt is Essential to Health and Happiness. A national program to reduce dietary salt "could ...

For listings of all the raw butter I am aware of, follow this link:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Tosin
user 110366572
London, GB
Post #: 2
I highly recommend the Isigny Ste Mere butter from ocado.com it's the most convenient and reasonably priced source of raw butter. Love it!
lesley from K.
user 57284862
London, GB
Post #: 30
I've been trying to actually buy this for months now! Waitrose - well, what to say. Waitrose stock it - but you can only buy 'online' from your local store. So because I live out by Canterbury, no dice. The only way I can get it is to actually drive to a Dartford or Sevenoaks Waitrose! When you mentioned Ocado - wow. I went straight online and guess what - its listed as 'out of stock'. I'm clearly not destined to ever buy this stuff again (we're talking 'raw' here, they had the pasteurised).
Tosin
user 110366572
London, GB
Post #: 5
Oh that's a shame. Should be back in stock soon as I only got some a week ago. I called Ocado to find out when they'll be restocking the butter. Just waiting to hear back from them.
Phillippa L.
user 72246762
Ventnor, GB
Post #: 6
Has anyone actually managed to find out from the manufacturers if this is the 'real deal'? Lots of previous discussion in the earlier string about whether this has been micro-filtered, which apparently is more harmful than pasteurization. The manufacturers have ignored previous queries from us on this point. Maybe someone in purchasing at Ocado has enough influence to get some sense out of them!
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,731
A number of us asked, with nobody getting answers. To me, that speaks louder than words,. I tend to get Jersey or Guernsey butter because I can't afford unpasteurised right now. Have you attempted churning the raw cream from the Isle of Wight dairies? Briddlesford will supply it if pre-ordered and you can get it very good value from Queen's Bower. It wouldn't take much cream and much churning to make your own supplies. You could even sour the cream yourself with a yogurt culture and pick your own top quality salt. That is what I would choose if I lived on the Island.
Phillippa L.
user 72246762
Ventnor, GB
Post #: 7
Yes, do-it-yourself is certainly an option for butter. Due to my farming background I remember my mother making it, and still have the wooden butter 'hands' she used to form the pats of butter! One thing to remember for those who might be tempted to try it out, is that homemade butter tastes absolutely nothing like shop butter, and might take some getting used to!
A former member
Post #: 14
The couple of times I've bought Isigny butter I've also found it suspiciously pale for grassfed butter.