addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Weston A. Price Foundation - London Chapter Message Board › Recommended butchers that sell offal?

Recommended butchers that sell offal?

Tim
user 28774772
London, GB
Post #: 58
gizzards, livers, hearts, necks, backs, and tails Chicken feet, pig feet, beef feet /tails; Stomach, Spleen, Tendon; Tripe Blood, Trim, thymus / adrenal gland.

Live in north london and if anyone could point me in the direction where these are sold would be great. So far i have managed to find, tripe, ox tail, lamb feet, as well as the standard kidney, liver and heart offal but having no luck finding the more exotic types.
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,754
Have you been to the farmers markets?
Tim
user 28774772
London, GB
Post #: 59
Checked the LFM website and listed all the stands i can email to do a price check whilst i was at work last night so in ideal circumstances they will all reply and i wont have to visit every farmers market
Nisha
Nisha108
London, GB
Post #: 111
You could try Eversfield organic farm in Devon. They might have some and you could contact for a special order. Good luck. Please let us when when/ where you have success !
lesley from K.
user 57284862
London, GB
Post #: 31
Hi there - if you ever manage to buy thymus (one type of sweetbread) or fresh blood could you post here who/where from? I've got local farmer/butchers here in Kent (all pastured) where I can get everything else, but glands and fresh blood seems to be a step too far for them. I'd love to get the sweetbreads from the thymus glands - because I have to purchase dessicated thyroid from NZ via the USA (!) to support my personal health. I'd also love to make fresh black pudding, being originally from the North East, it tastes far superior to the dried blood stuff (the majority of what's currently on the market). Good luck in your hunt.
Claire
user 47390302
London, GB
Post #: 116
Devon Rose online sell lamb sweetbreads but not sure what type.
lesley from K.
user 57284862
London, GB
Post #: 33
thanks very much - I'll find out.