align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Weston A. Price Foundation - London Chapter Message Board › soya free organic eggs

soya free organic eggs

Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,702
Caroline, WAPF do have a soya leaflet:
- http://www.westonapri...­

There is also an Order Materials link on the homepage, and you can purchase glossy prints to be sent to you. We are in a difficult place after blood and bone meal was banned. It was the source of protein prior to soya. I have even heard the head of the Soil Association say that this should be re-thought.
Phillippa L.
user 72246762
Ventnor, GB
Post #: 5
I have been in touch with Sainsbury Customer Services to enquire whether their free range eggs organic eggs come from hens fed on soya. I have had a very clear reply from their Customor Services Manager which states they are indeed fed on soya. I quote the salient extract here:

"I have looked into your query and can confirm that all of our hens are fed on a ration made up of predominantly wheat and soya and the soya provides an important protein source. We have looked at producing feed diets not using soya, particularly with consideration for animal feed miles, however we have not found an alternative which produces a nutritionally balanced diet for our hens without at least some soya as the principal source of protein."
Philip R.
Phil_Ridley
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1,703
Hi Phillipa, maybe ask them a further question, as to what proportion of the soya is GMO.
Claire
user 47390302
London, GB
Post #: 85
Just wondering, what do people think are the best eggs available to us in the UK? Any favourites?
Eleanor B.
user 20445061
London, GB
Post #: 149
The best are from your own hens, next best from a neighbour who really does keep the outside free ranging and next best after that local organic from a small farm, next after that supermarket organic. In huge egg production operations sufficient to supply a supermarket you need 1000s of chickens. Farmers are allowed to keep 4-5 times the number of chickens the land beneath them can sustain. Even organic eggs only require chickens have access to the outside. In practice not that many will spend much time out of their barns.
Claire
user 47390302
London, GB
Post #: 87
Has anyone noticed that Abel & Cole eggs tend to have pale yolks? I don't really have other options than them or supermarket organic.
Heather B
user 13354560
London, GB
Post #: 365
I buy biodynamic ones from orchard eggs they do still have soya though. I think when the autumn arrives I am going to stop eating eggs, milk and butter until the spring! I'm fed up trying to find healthful food it's too stressful particularly in the winter when the animals are all in doors. I think I'll just have Swiss cheese fish and roots and plenty of coconut oil. It's find if you live in the country and can take matters into your own hands but your options are limited living in a pokey flat in London! I spend about 5 hours every Sat morning traipsing around4-5 markets!
Eleanor B.
user 20445061
London, GB
Post #: 151
Got my hens on grains soaked with whey to top up the dry grains. :)
Lori
user 10356855
Sevilla, ES
Post #: 7
On reading the study that sparked off this discussion I came across this statement:

Fresh eggs with claims to have very high (>600g) omega-3 values, showed significantly lower values of
isoflavones when compared to all other samples analyzed probably due to partial
replacement of soybean with flax seed or fish oils

Personally I've always avoided those high omega three eggs (pale yolk not such a good flavour) but perhaps weighed up against the soy isoflavone issue might be a better choice?
A former member
Post #: 10
I spend about 5 hours every Sat morning traipsing around4-5 markets!
Just wanted to say I'm well gutted about the Clarence Court eggs; they taste so good :( I'll ask Chadwicks in Balham about their eggs and will post here incase that helps anyone else.