West Side Markers Figure Drawing Group Message Board › New Meetup: Figure Drawing Workshop
Announcing a new Meetup for Tyler Village Open Figure Drawing!
What: Figure Drawing Workshop
When: December 17, 2009 6:00 PM
Price: $15.00 per person
St. Thomas Lutheran School
21211 Detroit Rd
Rocky River, OH 44116
We are combining our efforts with the Cleveland Art Group and they are graciously going to host a figure drawing workshop. As long as we get enough people who are interested to show up there will be more to come. I would encourage anyone who wants to attend to join the Cleveland Art Group as well.
Here is the copy of the description:
Figure Drawing Workshop, Taught by Nancy
This is a joint meetup with the Figure Drawing Meetup. Another member of this group asked if we could do a figure drawing class so we're giving it a try. He will also model for this class. I'm going to be teaching you the basics of how to draw the human figure. If enough people are interested in this type of class, we will have more, probably alternating between nude/clothed models just to give you practice with both.
Any level of ability is welcome and you don't have to take any of the other workshops before you take this one. Whatever level of ability you are, I will work with you to either teach you the basics or help you develop what you already know.
We'll be meeting in Rocky River, at St. Thomas Lutheran School. It's easy to find, close to Rocky River High School. The address is: 21211 Detroit Rd. Parking is in the back, and the school entrance is clearly labeled. We'll meet in the art room. I'll give more specifics to those who attend.
You'll need to bring your own supplies, which are:
- a sketchbook or some paper that is at least 8x10 or 9x12 - larger would be better for this class, though
- pencils (you can bring drawing pencils if you want, but no special kind is needed, #2 will do)
- an eraser
- if you prefer to draw in conte crayon, chalk, charcoal, etc. feel free to bring your supplies
Other important information:
1. This workshop will be 2 hours long, from 6:00-8:00pm. If you need to be a little late, no problem, just let me (Nancy) know.
3. The price for each workshop is $15 (part of which goes to the model).
4. I need at least 3 people to come in order to have a workshop. This means I will need to have an accurate head count of attendees in order to plan the workshop. If you say you're coming, we're counting on you to show up. So please try to RSVP "yes" only if you're sure you're coming, or update your RSVP if you need to change it prior to the RSVP deadline.
5. If less than 5 RSVP "yes", I may have to cancel the event, due to potential no-shows. "Maybe" won't count as a "yes."
If you are into learning something new and socializing with other art-lovers, then join us for a rewarding experience.
Email me if you have other questions or concerns. Hope to see you there!
Learn more here: