Wet Dog Adventures Message Board › Anyone interested in doing a scalloping/snorkel rendezvous?

Anyone interested in doing a scalloping/snorkel rendezvous?

A former member
Post #: 4
Moved here just 6 months ago, so I'm not sure if this is something we need a guide and boat for..or if there is someone amongst us who's experienced in where to find them, maybe we could rent a pontoon boat and make a day of it? Any interest??
Victoria Pagano
A former member
Post #: 1
Most definitely! My fav water activity!
A former member
I'd be up for it, schedule permitting. I've chased Florida lobsters (actually big crawfish) and done a bit of spearfishing, but never attempted to capture scallops in the wild. That could be interesting and you don't need to bring lunch. I did take a look online and this does seem to be a common practice, but one site mentioned a fishing licence - which I thought was strange. http://homosassachart...­ But, yes I'd be interested.
A former member
Post #: 7
I love scalloping . . and I love eating them. Nothing better than a day chasing the scallops!
A former member
Post #: 3
I would be interested. I've never been scalloping and I don't know anything about it. It looks pretty simple judging from what I've seen on tv. I'm sure someone in the group knows how to get this started.
A former member
Sure I'm game. I haven't gone in years, but it was fun when I went. I can blow the dust off my gear lol.
Ken W.
user 23799362
Clearwater, FL
Sounds like fun to me. I've never gone scalloping, but I do have a motorboat we could use. This might make an interesting kayak trip once we find out where the scallops are.
A former member
I'd be game!
A former member
Post #: 2
I was talking to a friend who knows some folks that go scalloping every year. She suggested that it is best to go early in the season. Evidently, this is pretty popular and the pickings get thin fairly quickly.
Ken W.
user 23799362
Clearwater, FL
Post #: 2
You can ONLY go scalloping from the Pasco-Hernando County line north to the west bank of the Mexico Beach Canal in Bay County which is near Panama City. Here's a link to all the rules you have to follow - http://www.myfwc.com/...­
and the "season" is July 1 through Sept. 10.