Announcing a new Meetup for Wet Dog Adventures!
What: ROPES COURSE CHALLENGE!
When: Saturday, March 20,[masked]:00 AM
Price: $45.00 per person
Co Rd 582A/E Fletcher Ave
Tampa, FL 33601
Alright all you Wet Doggers! It's time to get out of bed early(er) on a Saturday morning and challenge yourself at our first ever ROPES COURSE CHALLENGE! Are you looking for a fun and challenging activity to jump-start your weekend? Look no further! Riverfront Park Challenge Course offers clubs, organizations, and groups a unique opportunity to enhance communication, support, and teamwork.
We will be meeting at 9am at Riverfront Park near the USF Tampa Campus to do both the Low and High Ropes courses. We will start with the low ropes at 9am, break for lunch around noon, and then conquer the high ropes in the afternoon.
The low ropes course is a series of trust building activities, individual events, and group problem solving events. Each activity or event requires the group to work as a team in order to achieve preplanned objectives or team goals. Staff members facilitate activities and assist the group in becoming a cohesive, effective team. The workshop may be customized to your group?s level of physical activity.
The high ropes course is often the highlight of each workshop. After 3 hours of low ropes activities, we will be able to put our acquired teamwork skills to work plus challenge ourselves individually. Participants are encouraged to set individual goals for the high ropes course. We adhere to a strict policy of Challenge By Choice. Even participants who do not choose to climb onto the ropes course play a valuable role in the high course. The high ropes course is approximately 55 feet high and consists of 3 levels of challenges; the higher you climb the harder the elements become. For the grand finale, ride the zip line to the ground or take a plunge off of the giant swing!
- The cost for this event is $45 per person
- We will be at Riverfront Park from about 9am to 3pm
- We have to bring a minimum of 10 people on this trip, otherwise we'll lose our group discount!
- Max number of people the ropes course can accommodate is 35
- Children over 10 are permitted, you'll just have to sign a permission form for them
- For lunch, we will be having a picnic! Please bring a picnic lunch item that you can share with the whole group. It would be really helpful to us if you tell us in your RSVP what you'd like to bring. We'll supply the picnic blankets!
- Yourself, ready for some serious fun!
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Comfortable shoes that you can be active in (no flip-flops, they'll fall off!)
- Food to share for our picnic lunch!!
For more information, check out USF's Outdoor Recreation webpage: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/CampRec/Outdoor/ropes.html
For a Map, check out: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/campRec/Outdoor/riverfrontpark.htm
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/wetdogadventures/calendar/12560978/