Wet Dog Adventures Message Board › Wekiva River Canoe/Camp

Wekiva River Canoe/Camp

A former member
Post #: 7
If anyone has any information, or knows of anyone who can help, concerning canoe/camping on the Wekiva River please email me at johnekillett@gmail.com thank you very much. I am hoping that if you cannot help me you may be able to point me in the right direction, either of which is greatly appreciated.

I am looking for shuttle service for myself, a friend and our canoe/gear, as well as information on camp sites along the river.

Perhaps a brief explanation of which I am hoping to accomplish will aid in providing advice: I want to park my truck at an outfitters, be transported roughly 2 days/1 night distance upriver.

We want to leave Saturday, February 4, 2012 as early in the morning as possible and return that Sunday morning or afternoon depending on various factors.

I need to know:

1. Do I need reservations, how are those made?
2. Total Cost?
3. Amount of time from outfitter location to put in site? What is the put in site?
4. Earliest time of arrival on departure day available?
5. Current water levels? – is the trip doable under present conditions?
6. Viable riverside camp sites? Location of each
7. Any and all other information you deem to be helpful.

Again, I am grateful for any aid you are able to render toward the aforementioned end.