Wet Dog Adventures Message Board › signing up for meetups

signing up for meetups

Carolina Mike
user 3883127
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 13
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hey gang, I noticed a few people didn't want to sign up for meetups because they felt not enough were on the trip. Think about it, if everyone responds that way no would ever sign up for anything. Be brave and stop making excuses and sign up. Your missing out on a good time so it's your loss.

If you truely want to go to a meetup we have planned then sign up as a yes and watch how the trip fills up. It only takes one person to sign up then everyone signs up. Got it! Good.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All,
I just signed up for the list.
I look forward to the opportunity of having some good fun and exercise.
I just want everyone to know up front that I am totally blind.
This has not stood in my way in the past and I won'tlet it now!!!
I've done solo sailing, canoeing and kayaking in the past. I'm just way out of practive.
I have had a couple of session of kayaking in the last 3 months though.
Is there going to be a problem with finding someone the either be a "audible guide" for me?
Or someone to do a tandem? That is if tandem is even an option?
I'd rather solo if possible.
I just want this out of the way before I waste anyone's time, most of all, and my money in signing up for an event.

I don't know if I'd be able to make the 17th yet as I would have to discuss the timing and cost with my wife first.
I want to get this out of the way first.
BTW: My wife, Virginia, is not a kayaker.

Scott
Thanks for your time
Carolina Mike
user 3883127
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 28
Welcome Scott,

We don't see any problem with ou coming out as long as you or we can designate someone to be your eye's to guide you some on the trip.

Thanks for signing up with us and take a chance on a trip. We have many adventures planned.

Carolina Mike
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Scott,
If we attend the same trips I would be more than happy to be your audible guide. I have never done this before but am sure you could teach me.
A former member
Post #: 4
Welcome Scott,

I am new here and have never been to a an outing with this group yet but I have no problem with helping you should you need something. I have never been on a kayak before so you may be able to help me as well.

I look forward to meeting you!

Michelle
Carolina Mike
user 3883127
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 53
There Scott now that's cooperation!. By the way if your blind how do you see these posts? I know there has to be some kind of brail computer or some kind of software that makes it audible?