addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Wet Dog Adventures Message Board › Live from the Les Cheneaux Islands

Live from the Les Cheneaux Islands

Carolina M.
user 3883127
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Post #: 39
Hey Gang,

Just checking in from Upper Michigan where I am a kayak guide for the summer. It has been absoluteey gorgeous up here. Everyone's saying I must have brought up the sunny weather cause it was cold before I came up. The first day was kinda rough and cold, but soon the sun came out and the family we were taking out started to enjoy paddling. We took a ferry to Drummund Island and paddled to the nearby islands for lunch. There were loons, herons and even a white pelican on our tour. We stopped and ate lunch of hot tomatos soup with basil and turkey sandwiches. Jessie brought out some cookies for desert as well as some fruit. Jessie is the owner of Wood and Water Eco Tours in the Les Cheneaux Islands. Together she and Tim another guide and I are guiding kayaking and biking trips this summer.

You may be wondering why I'm up here and not down there in sunny Florida. We'll, MJ has a cottage in these islands in Upper Michigan and we were going to take a vacation for a few weeks and relax. We did some research and discovered a kayak shop in the area that needed a guide. I thought why not apply and see if I can pay for my trip up. It turns out they needed help the whole summer so Mj and I signed on and I will be staying and the cottage while working.

Who knows this may be a meetup trip we'll do some day. Jessie is a very nice down to earth tour operator and she's excited as we are to have a North South connection.

No worries; as we'll be doing a few meetup trips even though we're here. Our assistant organizers are gearing up to do some trips this summer so stay tuned.

Cheers until my next entry,

Carolina Mike