Wet Dog Adventures Message Board › Weeki Wachee River

Weeki Wachee River

Carolina Mike
user 3883127
Group Organizer
Safety Harbor, FL
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hey Wet Doggers, we opened the Weeki Wachee River paddle to more people. So if you were on the waiting list now you are signed up.

Thanks.

Carolina Mike
Mary Ann Rogers
user 9827797
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Just a word, I was on the WW river last weekend. There is a new outfitter putting into the river along with Paddlers. There were so many kaykaks on the river we spent alot of time back paddling against the current to prevent a colision. Also, the number of motors boats has greatly increased. From john boats to pontoons & 2 airboats that threw us all into the trees. I counted over 30 motor boats!The fumes were awful. I do not understand the need for motors on this river. They are destroying the essence of the river & it's beauty. I am told by locals that it is their river & they really do not care about the safety nor the preservation. I was so sadden. I have been going up there since I was a kid. If I go back, it will not be on a weekend. Oh..BTW, we saw no wildlife but lots of cig butts & cans. ...it's all so sad. I hope your experience is better tomoorow.
MARS