addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Wild Bunch Running Meetup Group Message Board › LA Mara... Boston 2014?

LA Mara... Boston 2014?

Dave H.
dHog
Henderson, NV
Post #: 3
LA Mara. I was 1410 out of 19,497 finishers (7.2%). Beat by 198 females. 27/568 in 55-59, beat by 8>60yo, and 1 68yo.... Time: 3:40:45, 5 minutes faster than 4 years ago! BQ by 15 minutes for an old man!

My fastest mile was my last at 7:36!.... beach, crowd, cool breeze, 12 yo boy to pass in the last 400m!
Slowest mile was 23 at 9:32 and it was down hill!... ouch! I also busted 9 minutes on mile 21 and 22. My pace was 8:25 per mile I wanted 8:20. Mile 10-11-12 was dangerous at 7:56 average, because Hollywood Blvd to Wilshire is flat with lots of entertainment and I tagged along with a 58 yo runner (UCLA '76, he liked my Academy '74 t-shirt!).... and felt too good, went too fast, too early!

What an act... gay cheerleaders in Nor-Hollwood... offers for a free beer... lots o'bands... classy LA babes everywhere!.. NV no state income tax.... but LA is cool!

Ran with me mates from Caifornia... read some real running blog below.

Check out the LA Marathon blog.... from Mr Lister. It is the best overview of the LA Mara. http://dalelister.wor...­. .... then read... rather.. skim his Sat night entry about "repecting the Marathon distance"
Sadly - My fav physical trainer is quiting marathons... but his blog is worth the opening for the picture of the Antelope Valley....
http://claypatten.wor...­.
Seriously, if you guys want to run fast... these blogs are great.... if you want to be jog-hike-club.... oh-well... shuffle along...