September 7, 2013 · 2:30 PM
Tuscany is one of Italy's best-loved regions. It combines a beautiful countryside reminiscent of the landscapes of Renaissance masterpieces, a rich artistic heritage including exquisite art and architecture, a glorious history, excellent wines and delicious food.
Set down between the blue-green Apenines and the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea, Tuscany is the joyful heart and soul of the ancient Etruscan civilisation which lives on in every city, town, and village.
Join us on a week-long trip to this region as we tour Tuscany while staying in our own private villa. Our price is $2699 per person and everyone will have their own private room.
Please contact Paul Cathcart at [masked] or [masked] to arrange the $800 deposit.
- PRICE IS LAND ONLY. Our price is $2699 per person and everyone will have their own private room.
- Group host for the entire week.
- Tours and admissions for all attractions listed on the itinerary.
- 7 Nights Accommodations at a private villa in Tuscany. Due to the high amount of RSVP's on past trips with such a low amount of people actually going, we will not choose the villa until after we have received the initial deposit payments of $800 from at least 5 people. The final villa picked will be in the Tuscany region, sized for our group, and will be private to us. No other groups other than the homeowners will be there. It will either be one main villa or a property with smaller, converted buildings. Everyone will have their own room but everyone might not have a private bathroom. Rooms will be assigned on a first-come, first-deposited system. When we arrive at the villa, we will choose our rooms in the order of who deposited first.
- Welcome Get Together.
- Roundtrip transfers from Florence Airport to our group villa.
- All transportation listed.
- All admissions listed.
- All wine tastings listed (currently 5).
- All taxes, surcharges, and porterage charges.
- Tips for all tour guides and bus drivers.
* Meals will be on your own. I will be stocking the fridge with some food for breakfast and snacks as well as with wine, assorted meats, cheeses, breads, and fruits to bring with us during the day.
Here is our tentative itinerary. We will be filling it in more in the upcoming months.
09/07/13 (SAT) – Our private bus will pick up our group from the Florence airport at 2:30 PM. From there, we'll be transferred to our private Tuscan villa.
09/08/13 (SUN) – This morning we'll take our bus to the city of Pisa, home of the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa. We'll climb to the top where we'll enjoy picturesque views of the city (please note we will have to go up in two groups 30 minutes apart due to space constraints). After visiting the nearby Cathedral, we'll head to Lucca for a guided tour of this ancient Etruscan city and Roman colony. Tour highlights will include the dazzling church of San Michele with its wedding-cake façade; the imposing Piazza Napoleone; Via Fillungo, the poshest shopping street in town flanked by stunning medieval buildings and towers, including the tree-topped Torre Guinigi; and the Piazza Anfiteatro, the miniature Coliseum converted centuries ago into a condominium, nowadays one the most picturesque squares in Tuscany. This will be a long day since it will be a 1 ½ – 2 hour drive each way from most villas we will be staying at.
09/09/13 (MON) – After a morning tasting at a winery, we will have a quick stop in Pienza, famed for its sublime sheeps-milk cheeses and its delightful Renaissance architecture. Then it's off to Montepulciano, a medieval town with rare beauty perched on a hilltop in the Orcia valley. We'll spend the afternoon walking in charming squares and hidden corners. On the way back to the villa, we will visit a vino nobile estate to taste the famous wine.
09/10/13 (TUE) – Today we'll explore the castles of Chianti and do some more wine tasting. We'll head to two castles in the area where we'll be able to taste some of the local wines.
09/11/13 (WED) – Free day to explore on your own.
09/12/13 (THU) – We'll take the train to Florence to explore for the day. We'll have tickets for the hop-on, hop-off bus to explore the city before taking the train back to our villa.
09/13/13 (FRI) - After a morning tasting at a winery, we will have a guided tour of Volterra before heading back to the villa.
09/14/13 (SAT) – Private bus transfer to the Florence airport at 9:00 AM.
*** Please note that the cities, activities, or their order may change to circumstances beyond our control. In the event this happens, we will try our best to make similar tours or changes. ***