The Virginia Wine Club Message Board › Whole Foods - Fair Oaks

Whole Foods - Fair Oaks

Bill
user 3444108
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 4
I had a great first visit to wine tasting at the new Whole Foods in Fair Lakes. My friend and I arrived at 5:30 without any knowledge of how "wine on tap" works. The sommelier was fantastic. He showed us how to use the plastic debit card to get 1, 3 or 5 oz from the 40+ wines on tap. We brought some very tasty goat gouda cheese and robusto cheese up from downstairs, paid for it in the wine tasting room and he then brought out plates, silverware, napkins and French bread for us to enjoy with the wine - all no cost! I asked about our VA Wine Club meeting there and was told "no problem." They could reserve several tables for us in advance. So, with Allan's permission, I'd like to recommend a meetup at Whole Foods. I can contact the "Wine Team Leader" there to schedule our meetup. To get things rolling, let me recommend Wednesday, May 30, 5:30PM. If okay with Allan and Leah, I'll need help to get the web calendar set for this. How about it?
A former member
Post #: 142
Sounds like a fun event, but I would not be able to make it on that day. I am out of town that week.

I look forward to trying it out.

Kristin
A former member
Post #: 66
That sounds wonderful, but can't make events during the week....