addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Virginia Wine Club Message Board › D.C. International Wine & Food Festival (with discounted tickets)

D.C. International Wine & Food Festival (with discounted tickets)

allan
user 2527911
Group Organizer
Leesburg, VA
Announcing a new meeting for The Virginia Wine Club!

What: D.C. International Wine & Food Festival (with discounted tickets)

When: Sunday, March 2, 2:00 PM

Tasting Fee: USD85.00 per person

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meeting Description: Sunday was a lot easier to move around last year, so we are going to go on Sunday.

The description from their website:

"The Washington D.C. International Wine & Food Festival enters its 9th season as the largest indoor wine event in the Mid-Atlantic. Over 200 international wineries participate annually along with food vendors, and manufacturers of related lifestyle products and services. You should too!"

Just because it is not as crowded as Saturday that does not mean its not crowded, so you should probably plan on carpooling and sticking with groups of 2-4 anything more than that will be hard to manage at the event.

Of course, I'll be the guy in the sunglasses and you are welcome to taste wtih me :).

About the discounted tickets: The people running the festival have generously offered us the chance to get discounted tickets. When you order the tickets there is a spot to put in your promo code. Use TVWC and you will receive $10 off your ticket. Right now the sticker price on the tickets is $85, that goes up to $95 after February 22nd, so if you are going to go, you should order now.

They've also sent us two free tickets that I am going to give out as prizes. I was thinking about doing a wine club gaming night with the winners getting a free ticket, but I might just pull out wine trivia cards at events and give away the tickets that way...any suggestions for something we can do quickly and give the most people the chance to win the tickets are certainly appreciated.

Learn more here:
http://wine.meetup.co...­