Ok Sports Fans, it appears our group needs a better definition or more coaxing to participate for this event. That said, let me elaborate a bit....this will be a road rally (Steve-O don't get too excited, not that type of road rally); Teams of four will leave the designated start point with a set of clues, in whatever means of transportation they wish to take; chances are they will want to take a car. Each clue will take teams around Tacoma, most likely only North Tacoma. Find sites and have your picture taken to prove you were there, or accomplish a task; the fastest car doesn't win...the team with the most Iphone/smartphone savy person just might win...you will be asked to find or given clues to find certain things. Those who have someone who is very well versed with their Iphone/smartphone will breeze through this. This is soooo much fun. I did it back in my UDUB days, and it was a kick in the pants. Finish line is Katie Downs. Side note: Tigger you are driving Bean Counter and Bob Masterson will be on our team as well Tally Ho, lets do this.
• There are 6 activities you need to complete.
• Activities can be completed in any order
• Race begins at 1500 hours at the Freight House Square in the food mall
• Race ends no later than 1800 hours at Katie Downs in Tacoma
• Teams have to consist of 4 people, team members need to stay together at all times (Teams will be assigned at check in starting at 1430 at Freight House Square
• Each team receives a activity card which has to be validated and time stamped at each activity
• Winner of the Race is the team that accomplished the activities in the least amount of time and arrives at Katie Downs with all activities completed and can present the validated activity card.
• After the race all teams meet at Kathie Downs for the award ceremony, to party and talk smack
The $5.00 fee will be used to purchase prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
******Update Information: we need a minimum of 12 members actually participating in the race, this does not include myself and my +2 and Ute. If we don't hit 12 participants then I will cancel this event on Thursday am. I will issue a refund if we have to cancel...again, this event is a FUN EVENT, if you have never done this type of rally it will be a kick in the pants!!!!**********
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.