Cindy
user 11242768
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 105
How many people do we have that like to camp? I'm thinking it would be fun to get together a group of people and reserve a "group site" to party and camp. I know it's sort of late in the year to make reservations, but I'll try my hardest to get of something, maybe for July. We have a 37" 5th wheel, so we need a spot to accommodate. Anyone interested or ideas??
Cindy
Helen
user 6344249
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I would definitely be up for this. I just picked up a truck camper and was surprised how fast the campgrounds fill up.
Helen
Cindy
user 11242768
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 106
Helen, they do fill up fast specially the popular ones like Grayland State Park. They take reservations up to 1 year in advance.
Eva A.
user 55983412
Spanaway, WA
Post #: 2
I would love to, however, I can't attend much until the end of July beginning of Aug.
Pam R
user 48628112
Federal Way, WA
Post #: 3
I would love to do this. However, I'm not much of an on the hard ground camper so if someone has room in their RV or if there are cabins or something where we might go and it's on a weekend I'm in.
Grace
user 10674251
Federal Way, WA
Post #: 36
From 13 years of camping here, I can tell you that if you find a spot available going into the summer, it's near a spicket (high traffic area), next to the bathroom, garbage bin, on a slope or has some other type of negative. In the last past years, they've been posting pics of campsites & they contain full details so you know what your spot will be like. If a spot seems too good to be true, you can call the park and ask if there's something wrong with it. Sometimes you can get lucky with catching a cancellation.

I backpacked & tent camped on mountains for most of my time here, then for a few years with a popup, but I went north. Salt Creek is nice. You probably can't have liquor there as well as in state parks, but everyone drinks quiety:) http://www.clallam.ne...­ The catch here is that you have to mail in your request for a particular spot. They don't do it online. This park is in Port Angeles, so it's close to a lot of conveniences in Port Angeles, grocery shopping & restaurants.

If you enlarge the map, there's Tongue Pt in the park, and they have great tidepooling at low tide. http://www.clallam.ne...­

Then there's a private campground, but they only do monthly reservationd, but it can be used for someone who wants a cabin, because Whiskey Creek campground is 2 miles from Salt Creek. Really, they're both in Joyce, which is the next town over from Port Angeles. The cabins are on their waterfront and very private & rustic, you bring your own bedding and towels. They range from $98 - $165 per night, $98 being a woodstove for heat & to heat water, $137 for propane, $165 for electric and all have assortments of beds, 2-3 (some bunkbeds) w/a couch so tops are 5 in a cabin, depending which you choose. There aren't very many cabins: https://plus.google.c...­

Cabins and yurts are difficult to get at this time of the year in state parks. It seems everyone in WA camps & reservations are taken in January, and everyone already knows from prior experience which spot they want.
Carole
Carolee
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 6
I would so love to camp. I just RSVP'd to Grayland State park for yurt camping...we have never been, but i know to get a yurt, its difficult, but we did it! That was just last week. :) If you google Washington State Parks there is alot of info there or if you just type in Yurt camping Washington State you can view what Im talking about for those who dont know what a yurt is. Its a glorified tent. :) Please keep this camping idea going. It sounds so fun and I see other groups doing it alot. CLF
Mitch & T.
Mungy11
Federal Way, WA
Post #: 12
We are camping freaks! In fact, we just signed up with Thousand Trails and went to the Chehalis site 2 weeks ago. It is amazing with all the perks. Look it up online. It is very reasonably priced as well. We got a tent pass for the NW region (18 parks) for $200/year. That gets us 30 days of camping per year and anything over that is $3/night. The State Parks I believe are like $45/night. RV pass is more but then you get electric/water hookups and some, if not most, have sewer. We will have the RV pass next year. If the meetup members belonged to the same organization it would be one hootin', hollerin' camping trip after another.
Cindy
user 11242768
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 108
Thanks Terrene for the info. I'm going to look that up. We usually camp at State Parks which run about $30. a night with full hook-up. The problem we have is that our 5th wheel is so big we have a hard time finding spots that it will fit in. We are looking into down sizing. I think it would be tons of fun to get a group together.
Grace
user 10674251
Federal Way, WA
Post #: 37
Carole, to get a yurt now was a score!

Cindy, I love Ebey State Park, it's one of the state's busiest parks. I think they have a few spots that are for your size camper, but then in the description it may say 52ft??? Ft. Flagler is a nice park to have an RV on the waterfront and it has hookups there. I had sold my popup and still had a reservation years ago, so I put my tent in the spot and used the electric to charge my cell phone:) I'm not sure if that front row on the water front feets your RV, but the ones I've see there are huge! From Flalger, you can go to Casey to take the ferry over to Pt. Townsend for the day.