addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

"The Minnesota Wine Meetup" Message Board › Cannon River Winery Cork Fee Update

Cannon River Winery Cork Fee Update

DennisandEllen
DennisandEllen
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
For those of you that are not up on the issues on our trip to Cannon Falls Winery last month, here is an update. They are the first and only winery that have charged us $5 to have wine we bought at the winery opened… i.e. a cork fee. This is unprecedented at any winery, from AROUND THE WORLD! and our members took offense to paying the fee.

We posted the question of a cork fee on Linked In and over 120 wineries and wine professionals agreed with us, not a single person supported it.

We met with the owner of Cannon River Winery on Saturday and he basically said the Cork Fee was used to pay for entertainment.

Here is what they offered our group:

Hi Dennis and Ellen,

Again, thank you so much for the great advice over breakfast on Saturday. I sincerely appreciate you spending the time with me. I would like to invite your group back in August or September. We can schedule a tour of the vineyard, then have a tasting either right at the vineyard or back at the winery, whatever you would prefer. We can also have Vincent speak to the group. Please call or email me direct and I will get the ball rolling on our end. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

John Maloney
Cannon River Winery
651-755-9159

Here is our response:
Thank you for your time. The MN Wine Club is not interested in endorsing or supporting a winery charging the fees you do. There are more then twelve wineries within an hour of the Twin Cities we will work with those. We will forward our response to our wine friends on Linked In & elsewhere.

Dennis & Ellen Guldan
The MN Wine Club
The Largest Active Wine Club in MN
www.TheMNWineClub.com

There are at least two new wineries this year so there are more wineries then months of the year. We simply will not go back to the Cannon Falls Winery.  We don’t go where we are not welcome.

Please pass on our situation to your friends.

Get back to us if you have any other questions.
See you next month at Alexis Bailey Winery of Northfield.

Dennis & Ellen
The MN Wine Club
www.TheMNWineClub.com