Announcing a new Meetup for DC Area Wine Enthusiasts and Adventurers!
What: Introduction to Winemaking in a Virginia Winery ($90/person)
When: June 6,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: Laurent Guinand of GiraMondo Wine Adventures and Howard O?Brien, proprietor of Chateau O?Brien invite you to a special winemaking class at the winery. We will discuss every major aspects of making wine while visiting the grounds of the winery:
- Vineyard planting and managing
- Fermentation (s) in controlled temperature, barrel tasting
- Principles of organic / biodynamic wine making approaches
- Role of Oenological products
- Racking, Stabilization, micro-oxygenation, fining, filtering,
- Aging and bottling
- Wine marketing and promotion
This class will be followed by a tasting of 7 wines from Chateau O?Brien with cheese and crackers. Price includes also class materials.
For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit
Location: Chateau O?Brien at Northpoint 3238 Railstop Rd Markham, VA 22643
Hours: 2pm to 4:30pm
Learn more here:http://wine.meetup.com/690/calendar/10385283/