Wine and Dine Weekends Message Board › Wine and Dine Wednesday: Announcement

Wine and Dine Wednesday: Announcement

Kim R.
kimberrobbins
Group Organizer
Boonton, NJ
Hi Everybody,

We had a great dinner and a time tonight at The Silk Road.  Thanks to all who attended.

Next month we will be in Rahway for BBQ and I'm not going to have another dinner until September.  I think that everybody has busy weekend schedules in the summer and wants to be outside.  I know I do!

Just a reminder that if you sign up for an event - even if it isn't mine, it is good manners to cancel if you can't make it.  I had my largest number of no shows tonight and I'm really glad that the restaurant was forgiving.  At one point, there were 70 people signed up.  I called with a count of around 55 and we ended up with only around 35.  When dealing with restaurants, I need to try and guess at the number of people who will cancel last minute or not show up, and I was WAY off this month.

If somebody is a 'no show' twice, I will remove that person from the group.  I always give my cell phone number, and send email reminders, so there is no reason not to let me know if you can't make it or change your RSVP.

I really appreciate everybody working with me on this.  It is a great group and I want to be sure it stays that way!

Thanks.

Kim