Announcing a new event for The Toronto Wine Meetup Group!
What: September Niagara Wine Tour!!!
When: Saturday, September 8, 8:00 AM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Event Description: Hi all,
OK...I know you've been waiting for this for a while. My sommelier Jonathan is confirming the wineries but lets get out the information we can. Here's what I know so far...
- We'll leave downtown on the morning of Saturday, September 8th from The Esplanade which is close to parking, subway, etc.
- We'll arrange all transportation too and from Niagara with a charter bus company
- There will be snack and prizes on the bus, same as last year
- Our target is 4 wineries and Jonathan is even arranging a barrel tasting at one. The goal is to have dinner at the last winery and save us making another stop.
- Lunch will be boxed as we found the process of pulling 40 people in for lunch who are on a schedule to be too onerous. And yes, there will be vegetarian lunch boxes for those of you who hate plants...but no "gluten free", "low salt", "toy inside", "kosher" or other requests. ;-)
- We only have room for about 35 so the first 35 (guests included) to RSVP will be offered a spot and will have a couple days to pay for it with their credit card. All must be paid in advance. If there's spots left over I'll go to the next people on the list who RSVP'd after them.
- Not confirmed on the costs yet but it will be close to last year which, as I recall, was about $55.
More info will be posted as it comes out. Hope to see you there!
Oh...and save your calendars for the all new wine meetup starting September 24th. We're working on making these a truly great event from this point forward. New themes, better wines, certified sommeliers, more fun, fresh lemon scent.
Learn more here:http://wine.meetup.com/41/calendar/6232117/