Huntsville Alabama Old Ways Association (HAOWA) Message Board › Wiccan Shopping Links

Wiccan Shopping Links

A former member
Post #: 37
There are only two places in Huntsville (that we know of) that carry a few things a Witch needs. There is Zero Gravity in Five Points (Pagan needs mixed with a smoke shop and Jerry Garcia LOL) and Pearly Gates on the Parkway (Herbs and incense needs), and that is all that we know of. If there are any other shops in the Huntsville Area... what are they and where are they?

Yvonne and I have found that we have to do a lot of shopping online or drive to Chattanooga to visit the New Moon Gallery and All Things Groovy.

Here are some online shopping sites that cater or are friendly to Wiccans and likeminded individuals:

Ritual Magick
Herbal Musings
Sacred Symbols
Celtic Connection
Avalon Moon
Branwen's Cauldron of Light
E-Witch
Magical Blend
Whispered Prayers
Sacred Source
Raven's Flight
Wiccan Way
Isis Books & Gifts
Blessed Bee
Earth Spirit Emporium
Pagan Shopping
New Moon
Ladyhawk's Treasures
Sacred Kiln
Druid's Keep
Spirit Tomes & Treasures
For the Witch In You
Dragon Oak
Raven and Crone
Wiccan Glade
13 Moons

Know of any other good online shops? Share the info here!
A former member
Post #: 7
Thanks for putting that list together for us. One of my favorites is Pagan Shopping, they have a great selection.

Has anyone ever heard of Gonesh incense or know where to get them? If so, do share, PLEASE!!!
Trish
Faeluna
Madison, AL
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Has anyone tried Sacred Mists on line - for shopping. The Pheonix and Dragon in Atlanta is my favourite. I go as often as I can when I visit my son in Atlanta. On line locally and I dont think she will mind - try Ritual Gifts. Has anyone been to the Dream Maker on the South Parkway - I work not far from there but with the construction I dont turn left from Weatherly at all - lol. Where is Pearly Gates on the Parkway - I hate to drive on that creature!!!! unless absolutely necessary. Trishbiggrin

BLAIR EDIT TO ADD LINKS:
Sacred Mists
Phoenix & Dragon
Ritual Gifts

THANKS FOR THE INFO TRISH!
A former member
Post #: 12
Where is Pearly Gates on the Parkway - I hate to drive on that creature!!!! unless absolutely necessary. Trishbiggrin

Pearly Gates is on South Parkway before Bob Wallace. There is an Office Depot near there as well. It's before the car wash, I think the car wash is called something magical car wash. Not sure though. I drive by there every day on the way to work, you'd think I could give better directions than this! LOL

BLAIR EDIT TO ADD INFO:
Pearly Gates Natural Foods
(256) 534-6233
2308 Memorial Pkwy SW
Huntsville, AL 35801

Hope that helps!
A former member
One more (almost) local place is "Shadows And Light" in Decatur. They have all kinds of stuff we need and use plus a great catalog. The people there are very knowledgeable and accommodating. They have amulets, jewelry, ritual items, candles, incense, statues, and a lot more. laughing They have an impressive web site at: http://www.shadowsand...­ click on it and learn all about "hoodoo"tongue .

Gene
A former member
Hi, my friends and I have been searching for shops to meet our needs for years. We've been to Shadows and Light in Decatur several times. I understand it has changed quite a bit since we were last there. I believe it now leans a little bit more toward the dark side. I don't know this for a fact, just what someone recently told me. Of course, I'm a firm believer that there is light and dark -- good and bad --- positive and negative--- white and black in most everything. Before the flooding of New Orleans I kept thinking about going there and finding the REAL hoodoo/voodoo places just for the learning experience. Nashville has a couple of places that I highly recommend..... Galatic Gateway and Magical Journey. There is also another one called something like Goddess and the Moon. I get newsletters from Galatic Gateway and Magical Journey. I'll locate their sites and post the addresses later.

Now, in Huntsville, yes there is Zero Gravity and Pearly Gates. In my opinion they have very little for us, or at least very little that appeals to me. Well, Pearly Gates does have a decent selection of herbs and such. Dream Makers on South Parkway has a little bit more to offer in the way of stones and books. They are in the same shopping plaza as Hancocks Fabrics way down south. I've recently discovered a new place that I really like.... Cross Roads on Hwy 72 in Madison right across from the Dairy Queen/Texaco. I talked to two young folks last week in Cross Roads named Rob and Laura and told them they need more witchy stuff. They said that the owner is worried about being in the middle of the bible belt and carry things that appeal to us. Apparently they had a book geared toward our path next to the dressing room and some woman made a very negative comment about it and the owner removed it. They do have Nag Champa Incense (my favorite) and quite a few pieces of jewelry that is appealing. I bought a lighter for my best friend Tami (who is going through a tough time) that has a blue pent on it. I think I paid something like $8.99 for it. I noticed they have sage bundles too. I made a few suggestions to them such as stones and books being a good thing to carry. I also suggested they could handle it just like most places do the "smoke shop" area and have it curtained off or something so we don't offend the Christians. Cross Roads has beautiful clothing that I just love like the beautiful long flowing skirts and beaded shoes. It's not cheap, but it sure is beautiful. I've always loved skirts and prefer them over jeans.

Anyway, I just wanted to share what I know and have discovered on shops. I guess I can go ahead and tell you that my daughter, best friend, and I have a business we are working on called Sisters 3. We have a website in the works, but I can't remember the web address off the top of my head. I'll post this in a later message. We make our own bath salts and soaps along with scrubs. We make beautiful jewelry and clothing. We grow and dry our own herbs that we use in our products. It would take me quite a while to list everything we have to offer. We would love to actually open up a little shop somewhere, but just hesitate because of the bible belt. We thought maybe online would be better and maybe private showings at my home right outside of Ardmore. If there is anything special anyone needs for a gift or themselves and we don't have it made already we can create it!! I've been sewing since I was a small child and can pretty much create anything. I do work full time in Property Management in Huntsville, but my crafts and my path are what I love to do!!!

Sorry this is so wordy, I just have lots and lots to say. Let's make this an active discussion group and start talking about different things.

Blessed Be,
Witchy Woman
A former member
Post #: 40
You may be right about Shadows and Light. They were at the New Earth Festival and her display included several Satanic symbols. I did not know it was her until later. She still had Wiccan pentacles and supplies, but she was definitely "darker" than any of the other vendors.

However, as you said... who cares? There are both positive and negative attributes to everything and everyone, and it does not hurt to recognize such.

I was only able to find links to two of the stores you mentioned:
Magical Journey (Nashville)
The Dream Maker (Huntsville)
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey the following is the link for Galactic Gateway in Nashville. It's a really huge place that is definitely worth the drive!! Nanette

http://www.galacticga...­

Also, the place Crossroads in Madison I was telling everyone about has a second location going into Fayetteville, Tennessee. All I know is it is on the main highway 231/431. I'll try and get by and check it out in the next week and see if it has any more to offer than the Madison location.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you!!

Blessed Be,
Nanette
A former member
Just my two cents on the store Shadows & Light in Decatur. My sister and I (both new to the area from Southern California) went there after someone recommended it to us. All I will say is that the place had such a negative energy in it that we bought nothing, were only there for about 15 minutes, had to do cleansing rituals when we got back to my house, and did not bring the paper that the woman had given us in the house. I actually burned it outside. Thankfully it was a rainy evening. My sister and I both will never step foot inside the store again.

Just to clarify, I am not opposed to the darker side of any form of witchcraft that anyone may want to embrace. I am not offended by it and I do not see it as wrong. All I know though is that the energy in the store did not feel 'right', for lack of a better word. Maybe someone had just been in there with a very negative aggressive energy, I don't know, but I did not like the feeling that the energy left on my skin. That was my first experience of being in a spirit shop where I did not feel embraced.

Just my opinion.
Crystal
A former member
Post #: 28
Thanks for your input Crystal. I have not been in the store yet. But based on what I saw at the New Earths Festival and from what I have heard from a few different people, I don't think I will be shopping there.

By the way... I had a chance to check out Galactic Gateways in TN. I loved it. I was a great place. Thanks so much for the recommendation Nanette.