The Fort Worth Witches Meetup Group Message Board › Is it okay to disown family because of disgust?

Is it okay to disown family because of disgust?

Carrie M.
angelmabry
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 547
If you had a family member who was willfully ignorant and get closer to moronic with every post and private message. Is it okay to just stop speaking to them even if they are family by blood? How much stupid can a person spout off before you just walk away dusting your hands? Do you tell that family member you are just really busy for the rest of your life or until they give up? Or do you say, your social/political/parental/attitudinal comments are so far removed from how I feel I simply can not talk to you about these topics?
bre
brephoenix
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 3,176
Yes it is okay to disown family if they are bringing any unwanted drama or chaos. Sometimes you simply have to preserve your own sanity. I have this wonderful cousin who walked away from the craziness and chaos that was her father, mother and brother. She did not see them for a very long time. She showed them her newborn 24 years ago and that one contact brought the craziness right back. She moved to Washington State and I love and miss her! I wish I could go see her or her come see me but... That's another story.