Western North Carolina Rock Climbing MeetUP Message Board › New Meetup: Rock Climbing Trip with Fox Mountain Guides and Climbing School
|A former member||
Announcing a new Meetup for Western North Carolina Rock Climbing MeetUP!
What: Rock Climbing Trip with Fox Mountain Guides and Climbing School
When: Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:00 AM
Where: Fox Mountain Guides and Climbing School, NC Office
3228 Asheville HWY
Pisgah Forest, NC 28768
We are offering 4 spaces to each of the following meet up groups Atlanta, Raleigh, WNC! If you click to book you MUST come as there has been so much interest in this trip! Come climb some great single pitch routes this summer around the Looking Glass region of Pisgah National Forest. Join Fox Mountain Guides for a full day of rock climbing at one of these amazing areas, with all technical equipment supplied along with professional AMGA Certified Instructors from the Southeast’s only AMGA Accredited Climbing School. This day of climbing would cost $75 a person, but will be offered for free by Fox Mountain Guides. However, we strongly encourage you to make a donation or join the Carolina Climbers Coalition for as little as $25! If you make a donation please bring the receipt with you to be entered into a prize draw! This will be a full day of climbing and will suite climbers of any ability and experience level.
We will meet at Fox Mountain Guides and Climbing School At 9am, Sunday 17th July.
What To Bring:
• Good hiking shoes (no sandals, Crocs, etc)
• You may wear shorts or long pants if you wish. Wear clothing to be 'active' in and water proof jackets are a good idea on all trips.
• Water, about 2 Quarts a person especially in summer months.
• High energy snacks and for full day trips a high energy lunch.
• Sun block and bug repellent.
• Any personal medications (e.g. medications for asthma, anaphylactic if you are severely reactive to bee stings, etc)
• Small backpack for all above items.
What To Expect:
You will meet the guide and get fitted for all required equipment (if you have your own the guide will inspect it at this time). After a short 20 min drive to the trailhead you will hike through the forest between 20-30 minutes depending on which area you are climbing at. Cell phones will not work at the climbing site. No dogs on trips please.
Check it out!