February 24, 2013 · 1:00 PM
Quick update on what you can win tomorrow at the Birthday Bash to Beat Blood Cancer:
* $25 Tex Tubbs Taco Palace gift cards, t-shirt and beer glass
* $25 Bandung gift certificate
* A beautiful oil and vinegar set from Vom Fass
* A 1/2 hour massage with Kaitlin McCulley at A Better Body Massage
* One Family membership at Olbrich Gardens
* $25 gift certificate to Stalzy's Delicatessen
* Jack Canfield, "Pearls of Wisdom" Book signed by book contributor, Tami Gulland
* Psychic reading by Cathy River
Door Prize complements of Plan B
Also, got word the Salsa Dance instructors from Dando Mambo will be on site from 2PM-3PM. Come learn a bit from them.
Bring all of your friends and family. I know you all have some kids who love to sing to Karaoke!
Love to you,
Come to Plan B on Sunday, February 24th between 1PM and 4PM to help me celebrate my 47th birthday and to fight blood cancers.
Suggested donation at the door $5-$20 (no one will be turned away).
There will be a lot of fun going on that day:
- Karaoke provided by Cyberaoke Karaoke
- Oracle Card Reading by Heather Ewing
- Psychic Readings by Cathy River
- Raffles and a Door prize
Bring friends and family to enjoy the day and to help fight a good fight - together we can beat blood cancers!
Why am I doing this:
I am not a survivor of cancer nor do I have an immediate family member who has had cancer, but I know too many people who have been impacted by this dreadful disease. Three friends of mine have lost their daughters at young ages and the sister of my best friend from college recently had a bone marrow transplant due to Leukemia - she was 50 years old. My reason is; why not me, if it were me or my family I'd want someone to be out there fighting to beat down this disease. So I can and I will.
A bit about blood cancers:
There are several types of commonly recognized blood cancers; leukemia, Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma, myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes and myeloproliferative diseases.
- One person in the United States is diagnosed with a blood cancer approximately every four minutes.
- An estimated combined total of 140,310 people in the United States will be diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma* in 2011.
- New cases of leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma will account for 9 percent of the 1,596,670 new cancer cases diagnosed in the United States this year.