Madison Women's Social Meetup Message Board › No Shows....

No Shows....

A former member
Hey Ladies,

Recently, we have been having an issue with no shows. As a reminder, this group does have a no show policy and it can be found in the About section located at the top of the homepage. Below is the policy for this group.

"To help us best plan for events, we have a three "no show" policy that resets every six months. In other words, if you RSVP "yes" and do not attend, that counts as one "no show." After three "no shows," we reserve the right to remove any member from our group."

Up until now, I have not been enforcing this policy, but the no shows are becoming a big problem for the leadership team. It is unfair to the Organizer, the event hosts and to the members who expect a great turnout.

Please review the following information on good RSVP/attendence etiquette.

* For events you wish to attend, you should RSVP immediately. Remember, you can always change your RSVP

* If you RSVP Yes, you should show up to the event. If you can't make it to the meetup, you need to change your RSVP accordingly, and email your organizer or event host explaining why you can't attend.

* If you RSVP No and want to come to the event, you need to contact the organizer or event host.

* If you have an emergency or something came up (i.e work late or sick) email the organizer or event host. I completely understand how things can just happen.

The event host information is listed in the event description, under the heading "Who's Hosting?" You can email the host to let them know your change in plans or you can email the organizer. I encourage you to call, text or email me if you are running late or unable to make the meetup. Most of you do a great job at keeping me updated and I really appreciate it.

Failure to follow these simple and considerate guidelines may result in you being barred from events, or removal from the group.

Please email me with any questions or concerns you might have regarding our no show policy.

Thanks,
Lisa