align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Just Us Girls Message Board › "An Affair with Flair"

"An Affair with Flair"

Cindy C.
user 5929658
Group Organizer
Greer, SC
This is not an official Meetup, but I will arrange for us to be seated together, if you let me know you would like to attend.

What: "An Affair with Flair"

When: Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:30 PM

Where: The Peace Center

I just found out there are still a few seats available to this benefit for the American Red Cross - "An Affair with Flair". I'm going, and I would like to know who else has made a reservation, or would like to. The dinner is by Table 301 Catering: -Salad- Field Greens and Romaine Salad With Preserved Tomatoes, Candied Pecans, English Cucumbers, Apple Cider Vinaigrette -Dinner- Duo of Roasted Chilean Seabass and Braised Short Rib of Beef, Red Wine Reduction, Whipped Potatoes, Broccolini, Crisp Potato Gaufrettes -Dessert- Soby’s White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie. The price of this event is $200 per person, and it starts at 6:00, but I was told to arrive at 5:30. It is Black Tie. You could contact me or Betty (her info is at the end of the letter), and we could arrange to be seated together.

Here is the letter I received from the American Red Cross:

Your reservations are made! We anxiously await your arrival Saturday, January 29, 2011 for our Fine Wine Auction “An Affair with Flair” at the beautiful Peace Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Greenville, South Carolina. You will receive valet parking on arrival on Broad Street near the entrance of Huguenot Mill Lobby and if you will, please tip the young men parking cars as you leave. The gala will begin with a fine wine tasting featuring 13 wine makers from Ca. and Europe. The silent auction will fill the streets of Pamper Me Ave., Decorators Corner, Get Away and Sportsman Road and Wine Lover’s Lane and Super Silent with items you cannot resist. All this will take place in the Lofts followed by an exquisite seated dinner on the Peace Center stage. Be sure to look for a bit of added flair during dinner. The auction features exceptional wines, unique food experiences, and one-of-a-kind travel opportunities that attract some of the most prominent bidders and collectors of fine wine. Following dinner, the Social Hour hosted by the Steering Committee will feature music, cocktails, and selections of coffee to get you ready for your trip home. However, after an evening of fun, we encourage our guests to spend the night at the Marriott Courtyard in downtown Greenville. When you make your reservations, ask for the American Red Cross discount! Included with reservations is a gift basket and complimentary parking.

Established in 1993, “An Affair with Flair” has been raising needed funds for 17 years aimed at advancing the mission of the Red Cross through providing relief to victims of disasters and helping people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. Your contribution is truly a gift to everyone in our community. Thank you for your support of the American Red Cross of Upstate South Carolina.

Betty Jackson
Director of Development
American Red Cross Upstate SC Chapter
Direct Line: 864.282.8644