Just Us Girls Message Board › Trips to our boat in Charleston

Trips to our boat in Charleston

Cindy C.
user 5929658
Group Organizer
Greer, SC
Post #: 278
We have had our boat for twelve years, and I have always enjoyed our women's weekends away in Charleston. Once I started this Meetup in 2008, it was a new thing to invite women I don't know to spend the weekend on our boat. Think of it as opening up your house to the internet. I have learned that I have to take precautions, such as explaining that this is a group trip, and we do things together, and nobody is allowed on the boat without me. I will lock the boat for the night with everyone inside at a reasonable time. Also, those going should bring only one soft duffel bag or large tote - no hard sided luggage or luggage with wheels (we have a cart to carry luggage from the car to the boat). Also, no shoes with black marking soles (high heels are not a good idea on the dock, either), red wine (or any red beverage), no hair spray or pump, or any heated hair tools (a hair dryer is fine). I have also posted that anyone staying on my boat must attend at least one Just Us Girls event before the date we leave for the trip. This is so we get to know each other, and it is not like having a stranger as a house guest. I will include the gas money for the drivers in the price of all future boat Meetups. The reason for this is because in the past I have had boat trips without any payment required up front with a waiting list, and people canceled at the last minute, not allowing enough time for the waiting list to plan it into their schedule. We used to pay our captain $100 to get the boat set up for us, but now my husband drives there and does it, and stays to fix anything that may go wrong during the weekend. Our driver will also get $100 to cover their gas. If there are more signed up, their $100 will go toward the times we went to the boat where there was only enough to pay one driver, and my husband wasn't paid for his gas. Everyone staying on the boat must arrive and leave together (you can't stay on the boat if you are going for part of the trip, but we can arrange to meet you for some activities if you live in the Charleston area). We only have a guest pass for one car at the marina (the car that drives us there from Greenville). I enjoy organizing this Meetup, and as long as people act responsibly on the boat I will plan more of these trips!