Makeville Studio Woodworking/Makers Meetup Message Board › Shop Space Available!

Shop Space Available!

Kursten Bracchi
user 99567632
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Wood Shop Space Available!!

I am setting up a shop space in a 3500 sf warehouse on McCarren Park. I am looking for people interested in sharing the space with myself and several other professional fabricators. The space will be laid out with a central area for machines and 9 bays arrayed around the machines. Rent is 800 for access to the machines and one bay to build out as you like. There are also 2 larger bays for people who need more space.
The space is comfortable but not huge, so the ideal tenant would be one who works on small to medium sized projects (probably not the shop for those looking toward a career in cabinetry). Machines include: 10' sliding table saw, Jet left tilt arbor table saw, Chop saw, Hollow mortiser, Router table, 8" Jointer, 14" Planer, Oscillating spindle sander, Belt/disc sander, Lathe and Drill press.

A little more about the building:
The wood shop - after a ceramics studio - will be the second of several programs we are setting up in a building which we intend to transform into a haven for the community of serious makers and crafters. Future programs include a storefront/showcase, gallery space, sewing/ leather studio, co-working space and more.

More about us:
We are a group of young professionals who love the world of design and fabrication. We are self-financing the project, and are pouring our energies and labor in without hesitation.

The space is slated to be finished August 1 and we hope to have all slots filled by then.
If interested please email your name, contact info and a little info about yourself and what you do to:

undertownspace@gmail.com