There is a lot of talk on the web about how to optimize your site. The conversation often centers around search engines, and sometimes turns to technical topics like security or site speed. These are important topics, but most websites (especially business sites) have specific purpose, and it is usually more than just a huge traffic count or blazing site speed. So how do you determine if your site is actually living up to its potential?
In Optimizing your site for (business) performance, we'll tackle that question and discuss how to use several (mostly free) tools to gather information about how visitors interact with your website. We'll also discuss how to use the information you gather to help answer questions like:
- Is the traffic to my site relevant?
- What do my site visitors find important?
- What about my site is preventing visitors from becoming customers?
- Could my site perform better?
- What changes to my website will help my business succeed?