Jonathan Christopher will be discussing WordPress plugin development whether you've been working with WordPress for years, or have absolutely no idea what a plugin really is and how they actually work. Let's talk about the purpose of plugins and how WordPress makes building plugins wicked awesome.
Topics will include:
• A general overview of what plugins are and what they're meant to do
• WordPress Hooks (actions and filters) as the lifeblood of plugins
• Best practices, WordPress conventions, and good habits to get into early in your plugin development career
• Putting your plugin on WordPress.org
• Collaborating on plugins (GitHub)
• Hopefully a live demo based either on audience suggestion or one of my half started plugins
Bring plugin ideas!