February 27, 2014 · 6:00 PM
Intermediate level tips, tricks, plugins and code snippets to help you and your clients utilize and manage WordPress website images more efficiently.
This Meetup is inspired by experiences with client questions, concerns, quandaries and confusions.
If you have any specific situations you would like to see addressed, ask in the comments below. Also, if you hear the same questions over and over from your own clients, let me know and I will address them for the group.
These are some topics I may mention during this Meetup, but I will not spend time covering, as they are very novice or they are a topic in their own.
• Installing/setting up WordPress. Check out Jim Grant's presentation from January - http://www.meetup.com/wordpresskc/events/160577442/
• The creation and use of child themes. The WordPress Codex is the best resource - https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
• How to FTP into a WordPress website - http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-use-ftp-to-upload-files-to-wordpress-for-beginners/
• How to make changes to theme files files, specifically the functions.php - https://codex.wordpress.org/Functions_File_Explained
• Source code editor/text editor. I use Notepad++. I also use the FTP built into Notepad++ - http://notepad-plus-plus.org/