WordPress Knoxville Message Board › No January Meeting

No January Meeting

daryl
The holidays are just a rough time for meetups. We skipped December, and with travel and other holiday madness, the second Tuesday of January has crept up on me. Let's see about picking back up in February. If there's a topic you're aching to chat about, please let me know.
Chiara P.
user 14760291
Knoxville, TN
Post #: 9
I really missed not having a Jan meeting, but understand the timing. Just to throw this out, maybe a discussion on how to set up/use/optimize WP as a CMS?
daryl
dllh
Knoxville, TN
Post #: 24
Chiara, anything in particular that interests you on that topic? I'm not sure how such a discussion would be structured, though I'm certainly open to trying it out if you can suggest a direction. (To me, the answer is: Make some pages, use a menu, add some widgets, all of which seems simple/intuitive enough to me because I've done it before, which isn't to say that it's necessarily actually simple to people who haven't done it before.)
Chiara P.
user 14760291
Knoxville, TN
Post #: 10
now that you've explained this a bit, Daryl, I vaguely remember the meeting, I just can't find my notes! At least I remember a meeting where we talked about widgets, categories and using post templates, or maybe that was in passing during another meeting?