This group is private and a recognizable photo of yourself is required to join.
I would like to collect $4 yearly dues from you at some point.
Our members are adults who are friendly, curious, intelligent, rational and open-minded. Our discussions focus on exploring differing views in our pursuit of a more thorough understanding of the topic at hand, striving to be informative, educational, thought-provoking, and fun.
We don’t debate, nor try to “prove ourselves right,” and do not argue for the sake of arguing. We think to the best of our ability and listen respectfully to each other. Members can disagree while listening to opposing views that bring understanding and empathy rather than contempt and distance. Members are encouraged to learn more about each other, and to share their ideas and experiences.
Through the process, we may come to a better understanding of ourselves, each other, and the world we live in. No topic is off limits; any member can suggest one in areas such as philosophy, religion, politics, ethics, current events, history, science, technology, spirituality or social issues.
One of the organizers will moderate the meeting and our simple rules are:
• Only one person speaks at a time while others listen respectfully; interruptions are not allowed
• Personal attacks, name calling, derogatory or insulting statements, deliberate obscenities, and displays of anger, extremism, bigotry or prejudice are not tolerated
• Agree to disagree and move on so constructive disagreements can flourish
• Members are not permitted to promote a personal agenda or solicit other members to join a specific organization
• Members may bring a guest however the member is accountable for the behavior of their guest
We have a zero tolerance policy and members who do not adhere to these rules will be removed from the group.
• We usually meet once a month on a Saturday or Sunday evening. Occasionally we will meet on a weeknight, but right now weekends are most convenient for the organizers. Our meetups are usually in the Bearden area (occasionally in Maryville), and if either of these locations is "too far" for you to drive in order to interact with others, it is recommended you do not join.
• This is an adult group and we prefer to have members over the age of 25.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, May 30, 2015 6:00 PM
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers