World Music Meetup Group Message Board Event Announcements › Music scene in Costa Rica?

Music scene in Costa Rica?

A former member
Does anyone know about any local music scenes in Costa Rica?

I'm going and would love to check out cool music & dance venues, any info welcome!

thanks,

Jessica
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Jessica,

I have been there 4 times and lived for a year total there, but haven't been since 2005 as a disclaimer. My favorite place in San Jose is Raices, I looked online and they are still around, looks like they expanded and have a second bar now:

http://www.facebook.c...­

I don't know what your travel plans are but I would visit the Caribbean coast. The Caribbean is a mix of Latin, Indigenous, and Jamaican culture with a big European and American ex pat scene as well. There are 3 clubs in Puerto Viejo that had an awesome Reggae/Dancehall night--Johnny's, Stanford's and Bambu. I am sure at least one if not all of them are still open. Sometimes Johnny's is a salsa/merengue/cumbia night, you can ask the locals and they will know what night is when.

Liz
Alma
user 9653434
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 26
Does anyone know about any local music scenes in Costa Rica?

I'm going and would love to check out cool music & dance venues, any info welcome!

thanks,

Jessica

Hi Jess!

When I went to the "Conchal" beach resort, Tamarindo & Limon towns was very easy to find Latin moves, they are tiny to explore, and if you stay in San Jose, could google or ask ppl over there, it is a small city... Enjoy the exotic nature & beaches and of course the warm, friendly people... Hoping to see a picture of You hanging-swinging on a tall tree!, it's fun, just don't jump into the swimming pool from there...

Have a joyful trip