World Music Meetup Group Message Board Event Announcements › Marcel Khalife and Al Mayadine Ensemble in Concert: Homage to Poet Mahmoud D

Marcel Khalife and Al Mayadine Ensemble in Concert: Homage to Poet Mahmoud Darwish & Salute to the Arab Spring

Farah Jahan Siddiq...
FafaB
Union City, CA
Post #: 47
Salaam!

I wanted to tell everyone about this event. I have posted on both the Middle Eastern Music and the Yalla Arabi Meetup sites, but I thought some of the members of this group may be interested in this event.

Marcel Khalife and Al Mayadine Ensemble in Concert: “Fall of the Moon”: A Homage to the Poet Mahmoud Darwish and a Salute to the Arab Spring

April 22 @ 7 p.m. Zellerbach Hall, Zellberach Auditorium. UC Berkeley

Enjoy the poetry of Mahmoud Darwish, the melodies of Marcel Khalife, resounding above the din of conflict and poverty, singing of the shade of grapevines, the bright eyes of loved ones, the heartache of divisions and decline that can be healed, and love that can be returned.

Tickets: $20, $35, $45, $60, $80

Purchase tickets online from BrownPaperTickets.org or by Phone at (800) 838-3006

Blessings,

Farah