WordPress Hands-On Learning Group Message Board › Happy Holidays and Plans for 2012

Happy Holidays and Plans for 2012

Kathy D.
SweetTeaGroup
Marietta, GA
Dear WordPress Aficionados,

This year we saw WordPress become even more widespread and easier to use. We had several fascinating talks and guest speakers. We had some introductory workshops that were very popular, and we will continue with all this and more in 2012.

During this Holiday Season I want to tell you how much I appreciate everyone in the group, each of you bring your unique energy and talents and help make us more than a Meetup...we're a community.

Next year we will hold meetups in various locations of North Atlanta and at various times, yet on a consistent schedule. The 3rd Tuesday of each month we'll meet for lunch at The Work Spot, a co-working, event and meeting space in historic downtown Duluth. Plans are underway for a breakfast meetup in Marietta at the fabulous Cafe 33 located at Sandy Plains and East Piedmont. I'm looking for an evening location with easy access to GA-400.

That's not all! Each month, on the morning of our evening Meetup, I'll be holding a half-day WordPress workshop in the same room as the Meetup. Morning workshop, then lunch, then Meetup...you can make your WordPress fix last all day!(We'll start in January with "WordPress Basics" and other topics will follow each month.

And one more thing…mark your calendar for February 3-4. WordCamp Atlanta is a two-day exploration and sharing of WordPress goodness at SCAD's Atlanta Campus on Peachtree in Midtown. Tickets are on sale now.

Wishing you a glorious joy-filled holiday season!

Kathy Drewien